Notices

Feeling weird... mentally.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling weird... mentally.

Good morning everyone!

I haven't posted in a while but I have been doing good😁 ...besides the fact that my emotions are still all over the place.

June 4th of last year was the last drink I took that led me into withdrawls. I have had 5 separate occasions were I have drank since, nothing too serious, which I am lucky that those times didn't send me into a full relapse.

Anyway, I really feel like alcohol is becoming less and less of a problem in my life. But, I feel less then and very insecure. I feel like I cant trust any decisions I make are the going to be right ones. And i also feel like everyone is plotting against me. Maybe that sounds a little dramtic, but I feel like I can't trust anyone and that some are doing things behind my back or whatever.

It's ridiculous and driving me nuts! I'm am so sick of worrying about what others think of me or talk about me behind my back. I've always thought this way to some extent but now it's become an obsession, almost.

Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this and what they have done to help them reverse their way of thinking. Thanks in advance.

Have a blessed day everyone!
Old 03-20-2018, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Paranoia, anxiety, and obsessive thinking is pretty common with humans. It's ego and self, and there are ways and tools to overcome it.

Have you been to any AA meetings? Are you reading any recovery books or going to counseling or to church? All of these things helped me become more grounded and to not worry about what others think of me as long as my motivations are pure. I can't change other peoples' thinking, so I try not to give it any weight. When my conscience is clear, it's not important what others think. They may be wrong, but I know the truth.

Like they say in AA, "What others think about me is none of my business." That sounds kind of flip, but it is the truth. I'm not a mind-reader, either. So it does me no good to make stuff up.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, I go through this also. When I was drunk most of the time for 4 years, i trusted people that i really should not have trusted. They ended up betraying me and using me in some way. I am a very loving and thoughtful person. Towards the end of last year, i got rid of the people who hurt me. They always abandoned me when I needed help or someone to talk to...but I was always there for them. Now that i got rid of those people, and I am sober, it is hard for me to get close to people or trust them. But hey, to be honest I have learned that I am too nice. So from now on i will not allow myself to get as close as i did. I will protect my heart. I am happy to keep working on me. Good luch to you!
Old 03-20-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Relationship, work, dealing with memories - all that became troublesome for me at around 5 months and seemed to just get worse and worse. I was a wreck by the time I found this article on PAWS.

https://digital-dharma.net/post-acut...r-immediately/

It really helped me to see that I needed to add more into my recovery plan. Once I tried some if the things they suggested I got a lot of relief. Might be worth a read.

BB
Old 03-20-2018, 01:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

june 4th... hahah thats my day too!! i quit 6/4/11 good job.

I see it like this other people can think a lot of htings about me right or wrong but the min i worry bout that i make THERE problem MY Problem. and well I got enough of my own problems without worrying about there thoughts and nonsense too.

This is all easier said then done. and Its an ongoing struggle at times.

You have to kinda march to the beat of your own drum and be oblivious to others it seems. It will keep you happier.