Notices

Needing a lift

Old 03-19-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That's good to know. Glad you have some family around you. We're the same - the hospital in our smaller town doesn't exactly have the best reputation but if we drive to the larger city nearby there's much better care available there.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 1, for the millionth time...and I hate it. Every time I relapse I feel absolutely terrible and hate myself for doing it. You won't want to look yourself in the mirror...its not worth it at all in my opinion. I hate that I grieve for it like a dead friend I'll never see again; it's like we think it's our best companion and it's truly just poison to mask all this crap that keeps building because we keep drinking. I hate that cycle. Stay off the rollercoaster.

If it helps, I'm currently in tears and absolutely mortified that I took home this man I've had a massive crush on for months while completely inebriated the other night. I don't remember anything I said or even if I was a decent lay. I would marry this guy, and after months of building a flirtatious friendship, wanting to earn his affection and respect, I blew it. He thinks I'm a cheap ***** with a drinking problem...it makes me wonder if he's right.

We are so much better than our addiction and we deserve to experience life and be seen as we truly are. Not as our addiction. I have to believe that...its the only thing that's keeping me away from the liquor store around the corner.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hawking sry about your experience but I agree we deserve better then this addiction
Old 03-19-2018, 07:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Screw it I’ve listened to my AV and my husband most of my life and you can see where it has got me I’m heading to hospital cause option b is drinking and option c you don’t want to know probably I’m nervous but I have to do this
Old 03-19-2018, 07:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawking22 View Post
I'm on Day 1, for the millionth time...and I hate it. Every time I relapse I feel absolutely terrible and hate myself for doing it. You won't want to look yourself in the mirror...its not worth it at all in my opinion. I hate that I grieve for it like a dead friend I'll never see again; it's like we think it's our best companion and it's truly just poison to mask all this crap that keeps building because we keep drinking. I hate that cycle. Stay off the rollercoaster.

If it helps, I'm currently in tears and absolutely mortified that I took home this man I've had a massive crush on for months while completely inebriated the other night. I don't remember anything I said or even if I was a decent lay. I would marry this guy, and after months of building a flirtatious friendship, wanting to earn his affection and respect, I blew it. He thinks I'm a cheap ***** with a drinking problem...it makes me wonder if he's right.

We are so much better than our addiction and we deserve to experience life and be seen as we truly are. Not as our addiction. I have to believe that...its the only thing that's keeping me away from the liquor store around the corner.
Oh hawking... please don't beat yourself up. Alcohol makes us do dumb stuff. You are not that person you were the other night. Give yourself lots of self love and focus on yourself and getting you back to where you need to be. Much love.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Stay safe Nichole!!
Old 03-19-2018, 08:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sending positive thoughts...good luck.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you, goodbyevan...I really appreciate the encouragement.

And Nichole, if I were you I absolutely would go to the hospital if you can. It will keep you safe and away from the darkness.

Praying for you tonight ♡ Stay strong
Old 03-19-2018, 08:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Nichole,

I'm so glad you decided to go to the hospital. Please check in and let us know when you are there safely.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Nichole and hoping all is going well at the hospital. Please check in when you can.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hope all went well and you got your meds sorted.

Check in and let us know you're safe.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I do hope that you made it to the hospital safely. Good call. Wishing you all the best!
Old 03-19-2018, 11:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Nichole hope your safe xxxx
Old 03-20-2018, 12:57 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I saw you around earlier - not sure why you didn't post but I hope everything is ok Nichole

D
Old 03-20-2018, 02:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I hate putting my problems out there cause I know most of us are struggling fighting addiction...and last thing you need is me wasting your time!!
But I'm alive it took two attempts to get me into the hospital building first time was an adventure in parking lot and left second time I knew the outcome so I grew some lady balls and went for it!!!
Thanks y’all I truly appreciate y’all obviously I’m still alive oooo yea sober too
Old 03-20-2018, 03:03 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Really glad you're feeling better. Posting here is the opposite of wasting people's time, by the way; it's the entire reason for this website.

And "lady balls" made me laugh out loud. Thanks for my morning chuckle! See, you helped me already today...
Old 03-20-2018, 03:07 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Nichole, I'm so glad you went to the hospital to get the help you need. Please tell the doctors how bad things have gotten for you, they are there to help but need every scrap of info you can give them. I'll be thinking of you and hope you post soon.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:34 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

So glad everything worked out. .As far as wasting people's time-there is no such thing. We are family here and we all need each other in way or another.
Put it this way, we all care about each other. The first thing I did this morning is log on and see if things worked out for you. So happy that your ok & sober too!
Old 03-20-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Rar

I'm glad you are safe NIchole. You did so great getting to the hospital. Stay close to SR NIchole and post to let us know how you're doing today.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:21 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm so glad that you went Nichole, you're really brave and I'm sure this is a great step in your recovery. I hope you're doing ok this morning. And yeah, I agree with the others, please never think that you're "wasting our time" by talking about you. We're here for each other, that's why we're here.

Take care and please let us know how you're doing when you can.