SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 9 Today (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/425149-day-9-today.html)

FreedomCA 03-19-2018 07:10 AM

Day 9 Today

More than 9 days ago my good friend suggested that I check into inpatient rehab because of the crazy decisions I was making when drunk. I was in such a bad place and was unsure I would make it. I chose not to go to rehab. By barely getting back my Day 1, talking to my sponsor, working on Step 1, reading recovery literature, coming here on SR, utilizing the support of my family, exercising, eating balanced meals, staying off caffeine, playing with my puppy, not allowing my separated husband to drink alcohol around me when visiting, taking a leave of absence from work and allowing my body to rest when needed I now am on Day 9. I feel so much better and so relieved to be out of the darkness. I pray that I never go back but realize it is one day at a time.

Opivotal 03-19-2018 08:04 AM

Wow, great job on 9 days, FreedomCA!

One day at a time worked for me.

I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better. :)

biminiblue 03-19-2018 08:09 AM

Good, all of that.

Scary that you keep going back.

Thanks for the post. It reminds me there is nothing there I want.

I've yet to read one thread started by someone coming back to tell us how great it was. There must be something to that.

Endoftheday 03-19-2018 09:30 AM

Well done :You_Rock_

Dee74 03-19-2018 03:56 PM

well done on your progress FreedomCA :)

D

Rar 03-19-2018 05:19 PM

Excellent! :You_Rock_

SimplyFree 03-19-2018 06:31 PM

Way to go! Day 9 was a huge milestone for me! I’m glad you are succeeding! I hope to see you here’s lot!

FreedomCA 03-19-2018 07:22 PM

Thanks everyone. Getting 7 full days had been difficult for me as of late, and so that was a huge milestone. Now I hope to just keep racking in the days.

CRRHCC 03-19-2018 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by FreedomCA (Post 6828386)
More than 9 days ago my good friend suggested that I check into inpatient rehab because of the crazy decisions I was making when drunk. I was in such a bad place and was unsure I would make it. I chose not to go to rehab. By barely getting back my Day 1, talking to my sponsor, working on Step 1, reading recovery literature, coming here on SR, utilizing the support of my family, exercising, eating balanced meals, staying off caffeine, playing with my puppy, not allowing my separated husband to drink alcohol around me when visiting, taking a leave of absence from work and allowing my body to rest when needed I now am on Day 9. I feel so much better and so relieved to be out of the darkness. I pray that I never go back but realize it is one day at a time.

It's one day at a time now but soon it can be one life time at a time when you obtain new values and purpose in life.

You will never hear someone who has been successful in sobriety say they have regretted their sobriety in comparison, never.

Recognize why you abuse, what does it do for you? Reframe the pros and cons and Replace the quick fix or mood changers of drugs and alcohol with high value behaviors that will empower you.

Komplex 03-19-2018 08:01 PM

Great work!!

FreedomCA 03-20-2018 06:56 AM

Finally in a long time I can say double digits on Day 10!

biminiblue 03-20-2018 07:00 AM

Keep it going! Well done! :)