Notices

Self pity-the AV is going nuts!

Old 03-17-2018, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Self pity-the AV is going nuts!

Hi, I haven’t posted in a while but I’ve read loads and been really encouraged thank you all. When I decided to get sober I think I ended up addicted to binging food, I put on a lot of weight. I’ve joined a slimming club with 2 friends, started couch to 5k with 2 different friends and the gym with my sister-so I’m lucky I have a lot of support. I spent all morning buying ingredients for a healthy fish pie. Spent 2 hours cooking it, then dropped it on the floor accidentally ,a silly thing really but I’ve had a horrendous week in work and I just felt like getting really drunk! I went to have a nap instead and woke up 5 hours later(it is midnight here). Thankfully the shops are now shut so I can’t buy booze but I’m now wide awake, with a long night ahead just feeling sorry for myself and pondering why I’ve self harmed this much?! So I thought id post to lift my spirits to stop feeling sorry for myself so I don’t drink tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Make a gratitude list. List all the things you're grateful for. Gratitude helps everything.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You are doing so many things to keep yourself fit and healthy, so be really proud that you are taking such good care of yourself! And, it's great that you have a lot of support. The 5-hour 'nap' is going to keep you awake for awhile, so maybe you can find a good book to read.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good plan-I’ll do that now. I’m also staying with a sober friend from tomorrow for a week to keep me on the straight and narrow.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tomorrow is better lookingforchange

D
Old 03-18-2018, 12:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I feel much better today. I’m going for a walk in the snow this morning. Enjoying nature and fresh air always picks me up. 😃