SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   5 weeks tomorrow AV was bad (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/424992-5-weeks-tomorrow-av-bad.html)

Mummyto2 03-15-2018 11:54 PM

5 weeks tomorrow AV was bad

Yesterday, it was triggered I think by a message from a friend who wants to come for a holiday, she has just got back with her husband who has a drink problem, her first words were his cut down on the booze, I felt like saying alcoholics CANT cut down, it's all or nothing, so I was playing out different scenarios for when they visit, after about 30minutes I went for a walk to get some fresh air and gave myself a good talking too, after a good nights sleep I am feeling a lot better and back to positivity, have a great weekend everyone and fight that AV the cunning piece of ****

DontRemember 03-16-2018 12:04 AM

That sounds like when I host parties and "my exAgf and myself"(clients and their wives) are on the guest list. Like a time bomb! If you're posting about it...you're thinking of drinking either about the situation or when they arrive. Does she happen to drink in excess at times also?

soberista 03-16-2018 12:57 AM

Have a booze free house. Then they can either enjoy your company /hospitality or go home! When I used to visit my sister (who doesnt have any alcohol issues) it was normal for her not to have any alcohol in the house or to drink any with meals etc. Thats the norm for me now in our house. I used to look at visitors coming at a reason to stock up on wine...now I get some fizzy non alcoholic fruit juice etc

Mummyto2 03-16-2018 04:12 AM

They both drink, hopefully by the time they visit I will be stronger if not, hubby can take them out to drink and I will watch our kids

Rar 03-16-2018 05:07 AM

I feel for you. You don't want the visit to turn into a drink fest. I know your husband still drinks, but can you put all the alcohol away and if Hubby and guests want to drink, to leave and you stay with the kids, like you suggested.

Nonsensical 03-16-2018 05:13 AM

Nice job on spotting and handling that AV. :You_Rock_ :scoregood

Mummyto2 03-16-2018 05:47 AM

Thanks, Rar we don't have alcohol in the house, let me explain, if hubby wants a drink on a Saturday night he goes to buy a bottle, otherwise there isn't any in the home, I can't leave my house, my children are young not adults, I will deal with it when it comes, no point stewing over it, thanks for your support

lessgravity 03-16-2018 06:37 AM

Nice work on recognizing and addressing the issue soon as it came up in your mind - rather than letting your AV do some insidious work.

I have some similar situations coming soon with friends and family who drink. Need to prepare myself for them as well.

Congrats on 5 weeks, we remain in the same boat. Stay strong and keep posting.

Mummyto2 03-16-2018 09:27 AM

Thank you