Notices

Day 2 Sober

Old 03-15-2018, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer

Day 2 Sober

Hi Everyone! I made it to Day 2 which I know is not a lot but still relieved I made it through one day. I had one of the worst hangovers a few days ago that finally made me ready to try to eliminate alcohol.
I have some symptoms that are worrying me and wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced them during alcohol detox.
1. My right foot is very tingly and keeps feeling like it might go to sleep. I also have an ache on my thigh. I wouldn’t consider it painful but it’s uncomfortable. Almost feels like it’s a little warmer then usual too. (What’s strange is that it’s just on my right side of body...not left)
2. My skin is very itchy!
3. I have zero energy and light headed.
4. My hands also feel a little shaky and I have this overall feeling of being anxious. Getting random little pains in my arms too.

Has anyone had these symptoms? Worried if I should go see a doctor or not. To give you some background on myself I am 33 years old, I’m in pretty good shape since I exercise 5 days a week, and I’ve been drinking heavy since I was about 27. I did get my liver and blood levels checked one year and everything was fine.

Appreciate anyone’s thoughts. Have a nice day everyone.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on day 2.

While I am not sure about withdrawals, if you are concerned please go to see a doctor as we can not give medical advice.

Stay on the path and reap the rewards!
Old 03-15-2018, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can identify with the intense anxiety, shakiness and fatigue. I never experienced physical aches though during withdrawal.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

During my 'quits' I'd get itchy/dry skin and I counted it up to dehydration. lots of water/sugar free sports drinks and lotion. Also...lots of showers.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

Congrats on 48 hours+!! I also experienced the nerves and anxiety but that will get a little better every day you don't drink. I've never had any of the other symptoms you do, but keep an eye on the warm, uncomfortable keg thay it doesn't get worse or spread. A friend of mine has cellulitis and that is how he describes it.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 2, that is a big accomplishment and you should be very proud. I think all of what you mention is pretty normal, I got very itchy too, shaky hangs, anxiety, etc. But if it is worrying you a trip to the doctor will only take an hour or so and you can clear your mind of it.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

Originally Posted by Vinificent View Post
Congrats on 48 hours+!! I also experienced the nerves and anxiety but that will get a little better every day you don't drink. I've never had any of the other symptoms you do, but keep an eye on the warm, uncomfortable LEG that it doesn't get worse or spread. A friend of mine has cellulitis and that is how he describes it.
leg not keg...sorry
Old 03-16-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer

Thank you for your replies! I’ve made it to Day 3 woohoo! I feel much better today so far. I think a lot of what I was experiencing was stress and anxiety which wasn’t helping my symptoms. It’s amazing how much better you sleep when you are sober. Have a nice weekend everyone.