Notices

Backwards

Old 03-14-2018, 03:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Backwards

Hi folks,
New to this website. I thank you for having me. It was only about 15 minutes ago I was having an extremely hard time, ready to write a much more detailed thread but after reading your stories and kind words I am feeling better. I thank you for that. I have a question, that seems for me to be a starting point towards my downhill. It seems a bit backwards..
After I go awhile, lost in the bottle of course, I say enough. I'll go through the detox for a few days. Few days later feeling better. After that, instead of feeling tired or sluggish I get a huge surge of energy. I am up early regardless of sleep, I feel great. I'm social and active. Then it's almost a switch. After a few weeks I wake up exhausted, no motidivation and can't get it back.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Thank you for listening..reading. 😊
Old 03-14-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Trish and welcome to SR!
Recovery- the healing process- is not a straight line on the uphill climb. It's a different journey for all of us. Our brains and body have to get used to a massive shift in how it's functioning, so emotional and physical ups and downs, are most likely fairly normal. I know I went through that. I had the same thing happen to me last year. I bounced off walls for 2 months and then after that I slowly crashed energy wise.

I don't think it would hurt to go to the dr to get a checkup. I go for regular checkups & bloodwork every 4 months or so. Us alcoholics abuse our bodies and aren't always used to eating properly so sometimes vitamins deficiencies or electrolyte imbalances, anemia.. can all have a big impact on how we feel- been through all of those and have had to correct them medically in different ways.

Hope you feel better soon! Take good care of yourself, rest when you need to, get some light exercise and fresh air, sun, and good healthy food as well.
Human connection is also good for the heart and soul

Hang in there!
Old 03-14-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcomeTrish

I thin k thats very normal for a lot of us.

Early recovery is a bit of a rollercoaster.

We quit booze we feel great and energised...but that almost euphoria dioes away, and we have to deal with staying sober when we feel much more ordinary.

Recovery gets a lot better than that up and down transition stage...but we have to get through that stage in order to get to the good stuff - the enduring happiness and serenity of recovery.

stay with us
D
Old 03-14-2018, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My early recovery was a roller coaster ride for sure. But after a few months it leveled out and became very comfortable. Stick with it, it gets better.