Notices

Morning thoughts

Old 03-14-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Morning thoughts

Good morning. It’s 6:30 am, and I’m up and rested. The house is dark while everyone sleeps. For years, I was the last one awake. Reversal. My body feels really good after not drinking for two weeks. My mind is clear. Work has been going well. I’ve been on time for two weeks, wonder why lol.

I would like to start doing something to spark the creative side of my mind. I already exercise regularly, read, cook, and take the dog for nice long walks. But I want a thing I can do and sorta get lost in. I think it would be especially helpful if I had something like that when I’m wanting to pour a glass of wine. I could learn to knit? But I don’t want a house full of homemade doilies and potholders haha. Have adult coloring books. Boring. I want something to do that will produce cool stuff I can use or gift or sell. Any ideas?

It’s nice being in a place where I’m not undoing damage. Feels good to remember last night’s events and conversations. I’m actually really proud of who I am.

I still feel a bit like I’m walking a tightrope with this not drinking reality. I see relapses and feel a little frightened about giving myself permission to do the same and come back here and start over. The thing I keep seeing, though, is that it makes sobriety harder. It’s like you let yourself down, then lose trust in yourself. I came to SR with the resolve that I’d never drink again. Not once. And I believe that is what I need to do.

I will not drink today.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Congrats on 2 weeks!

Make blankets for the local animal shelter.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't worry relapse is neither inevitable or mandatory

Sounds like you're doing well rungirl

D
Old 03-14-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on two weeks.

There was a commercial a while back...probably a couple of years now..couldn't tell you what they were advertising but she was a 'crocheter' and her house was filled will all manner of crochet crap. Even the cat had something. I could relate. I taught myself to crochet when my late hub was dying of cancer. And I was prolific. I have more crocheted afgans than I can shake a stick at. Open a closet, there's at least 2. And crochet, lets face it, is ugly. I don't even remember making some of them. I'll toss them eventually. I knit now. Much prettier but frankly I'm not that good because I'm teaching myself and its a slow process. But its all on the internet and frankly, I love it. And it accomplishes exactly what you are looking for....zone out, focus, mindful. And I can watch crap TV at the same time. Bonus! I'm actually knitting my first cardigan....so far so good.

I make jewelry in the summer and that actually turns out much nicer. Frankly, its all in the quality of the materials you buy (true with knitting too). So if you're willing to drop some coin your stuff will turn out pretty. If you just want to learn to make friendship bracelets, they can be surprisingly complex. Macrame is fun too....and easy. But again, unless you have a 70's beach house they are, ehem, homey.

I keep threatening to start painting.....

I wanted to add I made crochet beanies for the hospital chemo wing where my husband was treated. They actually turn out kinda cute so you can do something like that. There are also the special Olympics patterns that you can donate. Maybe I'll donate the afghans...I mean, they aren't THAT bad.