Notices

It could be a lot worse

Old 03-12-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It could be a lot worse

Not my favorite day. I've had a chronic earache that I am hoping is from my recent cervical neck fusion surgery. Add to that one of my molars split right down the middle and is just hanging there. I need an emergency dentist. Plus I am involved in a very stressful litigation and it's not pleasant.

But, I am not drinking and as far as I know I have no very serious health issues. My daughter is hanging in there.

So, all of this stuff is annoying but it hasn't driven me to the bottle. At least not today.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ugh, I hope the tooth problem isn't painful while you wait for the dentist. I hope you get some relief from the earache too. Chronic pain is tough. I'm glad you're getting through this. Feel better.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ouch! I hope you get to a dentist soon, chowchow.

Good for you not drinking!
Old 03-12-2018, 07:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

My, you are having a rought time of it in the physical sense. Teeth problems can be really demoralising. I have a busted tooth at the moment. A large filling came out. I also have this fear of dentists which comes from a childhood experience. Sometimes I think they will need to give me a general anaesthetic just to get me in the chair.

But this is not the stuff that made me drink, even though it would make a pretty plausible excuse. It is my internal condition that determines whether I will drink or not, and I am in good shape in that regard.

It didn't matter much what was going on in my external world when I was drinking. Internally I was all screwed up. I didn't like myself, and I was frustrated that I didn't seem to be able to change, even when I desperately wanted to. Alcohol was the one thing that could make me feel half OK. When I treated the internal condition, alcohol became redundant. I can look in the mirror today and like who I see, and I know, in this condition, I have been able to survive all of life's low spots that have come my way without even thinking of drinking.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So glad that you are staying sober through this difficult time; well done, chowchow.

When do you see your dentist and doctor?
Old 03-12-2018, 11:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can get the tooth and earache fixed chowchow

D
Old 03-13-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Chowchow! You certainly have lots on your plate right now. I'm glad you're remaining strong. After my shoulder surgery last year, my neck, jaw and ear hurt from time to time. I suspect mine is stress related. Maybe yours also? Also ear ache could be from dental issues.

Must be the time for dental issues - I had a back crown fall out a couple of weeks ago. I have a fear of dentists too, Gottalife. Whenever I go to the dentist, I ask, "We're not going to hurt each other, are we?"

Good you're hanging in there Chowchow! Keep it going.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Feel better Chow, and stay strong!
Old 03-13-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oralgel or whatever works great if you're having pain from your tooth.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I didn't come this far to only come this far

I'm so sorry to hear of your recent challenges — though major kudos for not considering having a drink in response to them — which would clearly just make everything worse. Hang in there!