Notices

Checking in...day 84

Old 03-12-2018, 02:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in...day 84

Hi. For one thing, I'm not sure how to navigate these threads so I can find any replies to something I post. Last one I just searched by my title. I am experiencing extreme fatigue. I work full time, and although I am a small female, my job is very physical. Plenty of exercise. But, I see that I have no motivation where I definitely should. I'm doing mostly the same things, only not drinking. I live alone, and due to my prior drinking habits I was always locked in my house when not working so I could drink. My previous 5 year sobriety, I don't recall this heaviness. What creeps into my head now is, ......, you are 54, your life cannot get better because you missed the boat and ruined it." Then I keep thinking how can my life improve, of course it will. I feel like I should just have "alcoholic" tattooed on my arse. I know I should attend meetings, but I can barely get up and ready for work. It's a struggle. Sorry I cannot bring joy and happiness here right now. I also had minor surgery for cancer and my three month checkup was a green light. So, for that I am thankful and grateful. Have a good day. I hope I can find this post again. That's the other issue, this brain malfunction.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Septemberschild View Post
Hi. For one thing, I'm not sure how to navigate these threads so I can find any replies to something I post. Last one I just searched by my title. I am experiencing extreme fatigue. I work full time, and although I am a small female, my job is very physical. Plenty of exercise. But, I see that I have no motivation where I definitely should. I'm doing mostly the same things, only not drinking. I live alone, and due to my prior drinking habits I was always locked in my house when not working so I could drink. My previous 5 year sobriety, I don't recall this heaviness. What creeps into my head now is, ......, you are 54, your life cannot get better because you missed the boat and ruined it." Then I keep thinking how can my life improve, of course it will. I feel like I should just have "alcoholic" tattooed on my arse. I know I should attend meetings, but I can barely get up and ready for work. It's a struggle. Sorry I cannot bring joy and happiness here right now. I also had minor surgery for cancer and my three month checkup was a green light. So, for that I am thankful and grateful. Have a good day. I hope I can find this post again. That's the other issue, this brain malfunction.
Hey I'm new and still can't work this site out properly yet so can't help there.
Congratulations on your green light. Also 84 days sobriety that's fantastic you are an inspiration to me! At 54 your still young and you have a job and your health you have so much to live for. Have you got any interests or hobbies? Something new you might like to try? Or maybe find a subject your interested in or curious about and research it it can pass hours. Meditations a good one. How about dating but for frendships find local people who want to meet up to go cinema or restuarants or shows? I took up dog grooming 2 years ago im amazed how good i am at it never imagined i could do that.
We all have hidden talents we have to find them . Think about things that make you happy . Working full time I know is hard try to find something that relaxes you. I like to cook. I don't eat meat so always looking for new recipes. I hope you get your mojo back. You deserve to be happy 😊
Old 03-12-2018, 02:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi September. Thank you for your post. I am glad you have found us. I can relate to exactly what you are saying. I am 53 and feel I missed the boat. Also live alone which was great when drinking but kind of lonely now.

If you read the posts on here they all say you need a recovery plan, just stopping drinking is not enough. I have relapsed many times but this time I am determined not to.

You say you know your life will improve, it probably is already. Health wise maybe you should try looking at your diet, eating healthy foods and supplementing with vitamins or the like.

If you want to find answers to your posts, click on my posts at the top, it will take you back to your posts and any answers will follow on.

Take care, keep posting and reading, and get a recovery plan. They are on line meetings if you can't get out to one. I am reading a lot of literature on recovery - all recommened on here, and they are helping. The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober, Blackout, Drinking - A Love Story. All available on amazon.

Take care. Post more and read more.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SeptembersChild - I'm glad your checkup was OK.

It took me a while to get out from under the shadow of several decades of drinking. I was still fairly pessimistic and dark for a few months - but things got better. I'm sure they will for you too.

Building a sober life I loved too time, but the more I did that, the better I felt.

in finding other threads, if you click on your name beside your post you'll find you can navigate to all your past posts, your profile, and all the threads you've started

D
Old 03-12-2018, 03:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maxjm View Post
Hey I'm new and still can't work this site out properly yet so can't help there.
Congratulations on your green light. Also 84 days sobriety that's fantastic you are an inspiration to me! At 54 your still young and you have a job and your health you have so much to live for. Have you got any interests or hobbies? Something new you might like to try? Or maybe find a subject your interested in or curious about and research it it can pass hours. Meditations a good one. How about dating but for frendships find local people who want to meet up to go cinema or restuarants or shows? I took up dog grooming 2 years ago im amazed how good i am at it never imagined i could do that.
We all have hidden talents we have to find them . Think about things that make you happy . Working full time I know is hard try to find something that relaxes you. I like to cook. I don't eat meat so always looking for new recipes. I hope you get your mojo back. You deserve to be happy 😊
Hi, thanks for your post! You are new too...we can inspire each other 😊 I do have hobbies, one I have a passion for, but the fatigue is choking me. Also, things that shouldn't be so difficult, like paying bills or cleaning are. Funny thing is, when I was drinking I always made it to the liquor store. That's awesome that you love dog grooming, I love animals! Research is an awesome idea too. Maybe I need t journal since I'm alone. Have a wonderful day
Old 03-12-2018, 03:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi SeptembersChild - I'm glad your checkup was OK.

It took me a while to get out from under the shadow of several decades of drinking. I was still fairly pessimistic and dark for a few months - but things got better. I'm sure they will for you too.

Building a sober life I loved too time, but the more I did that, the better I felt.

in finding other threads, if you click on your name beside your post you'll find you can navigate to all your past posts, your profile, and all the threads you've started

D
Hi Dee. Yes, "dark" is a good way to put it. I pray it passes soon. Thanks for the thread info too.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post
Hi September. Thank you for your post. I am glad you have found us. I can relate to exactly what you are saying. I am 53 and feel I missed the boat. Also live alone which was great when drinking but kind of lonely now.

If you read the posts on here they all say you need a recovery plan, just stopping drinking is not enough. I have relapsed many times but this time I am determined not to.

You say you know your life will improve, it probably is already. Health wise maybe you should try looking at your diet, eating healthy foods and supplementing with vitamins or the like.

If you want to find answers to your posts, click on my posts at the top, it will take you back to your posts and any answers will follow on.

Take care, keep posting and reading, and get a recovery plan. They are on line meetings if you can't get out to one. I am reading a lot of literature on recovery - all recommened on here, and they are helping. The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober, Blackout, Drinking - A Love Story. All available on amazon.

Take care. Post more and read more.
Hi Juliet. Than you for replying. You hit the nail on the head about being alone drinking and being alone sober. I used to bounce babble off myself. Didn't care. But now, it's silent. I have relapsed number of times in the past. I had just about 5 years sober when I thought I could drink. A big, uh NO. I will try very hard to get to a meeting or I will just come here. Preferably both. Have a great sober Monday!
Old 03-12-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Septemberschild View Post
Hi, thanks for your post! You are new too...we can inspire each other 😊 I do have hobbies, one I have a passion for, but the fatigue is choking me. Also, things that shouldn't be so difficult, like paying bills or cleaning are. Funny thing is, when I was drinking I always made it to the liquor store. That's awesome that you love dog grooming, I love animals! Research is an awesome idea too. Maybe I need t journal since I'm alone. Have a wonderful day
A journal is a great idea!
We have all been there with the fatigue so can relate there. I'm only on day 9 this is my first attempt at sobriety in 26 years I guess I may experience dark times ahead I hope not I'm lucky my house is full 3 grown up kids who are at studies and work and 3 dogs that's helping massively. I'm on holiday this week and keep finding myself checking in every 5 mins having a read lol I would be too busy if at work. Take care stay in touch!
Old 03-12-2018, 04:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Septemberschild, I am right there with you (literally, today is day 85 for me). I felt like I was making steady progress for a while, but recently I've gotten to the point that the novelty has worn off, and I'm left to figure out how to actually live sober. What am I FOR, instead of just what am I against, you know? Feel free to send me a private message if you ever want to chat...we're in this together!