Notices

day 3 - checking in.

Old 03-10-2018, 04:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3 - checking in.

Hi,

I made my first post two days ago, about going sober. Now wanted ya'll to know, my day 1 has turned to day 3 .

Time is going really, really slowly. Days used to fly by, when I was drinking. I love the feeling not being hungover in the mornings, not waking up, mouth feeling like the desert, needing to chug a litre of water....that was nasty.

I do feel pretty good, luckly my withdrawals are/were pretty mild. I do get pretty bad cravings in the evenings, when I used to drink. But trying to keep my self busy learing guitar, and drinking sprite with slices of lemon in it, to get over the need to drink something. . Also I have troubles falling asleep, but when I do, I sleep like a rock for 12hours.....feeling sleepy in the day time, but I know this shall also pass with time.

Also resuscribed to my gym, where I used to work out a couple of years ago, before all that drinking got into my way. Looking forward to accually be in shape upcoming summer

Have a happy sober day, you all!

Last edited by John9; 03-10-2018 at 04:30 AM. Reason: typos
Old 03-10-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You too John congrats on day 3

D
Old 03-10-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats, keep up the good work!
Old 03-10-2018, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done John. Keep it going.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Congrats on Day 3! You are going great! Keep going strong!
Old 03-10-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by John9 View Post
Hi,

I made my first post two days ago, about going sober. Now wanted ya'll to know, my day 1 has turned to day 3 .

Time is going really, really slowly. Days used to fly by, when I was drinking. I love the feeling not being hungover in the mornings, not waking up, mouth feeling like the desert, needing to chug a litre of water....that was nasty.

I do feel pretty good, luckly my withdrawals are/were pretty mild. I do get pretty bad cravings in the evenings, when I used to drink. But trying to keep my self busy learing guitar, and drinking sprite with slices of lemon in it, to get over the need to drink something. . Also I have troubles falling asleep, but when I do, I sleep like a rock for 12hours.....feeling sleepy in the day time, but I know this shall also pass with time.

Also resuscribed to my gym, where I used to work out a couple of years ago, before all that drinking got into my way. Looking forward to accually be in shape upcoming summer

Have a happy sober day, you all!
Well done your doing great!
Old 03-10-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rar

Day 3 is great! Keep it going. You're doing great.