Notices

What do you do?

Old 03-10-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I’m staying with a friend tonight because I don’t want to wake up to him coming home. In his state of mind, there’s no telling what he might do.

I wish he’d get help. I just want to live a normal life and enjoy it. No one should have to live like this.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
And I don’t know if the police have a warrant on him or if they are just putting it on me to call them if he returns.
The cops say when he comes back to call them and he is going to jail.
Just going on what you've recounted, but it seems pretty clear to me Jillian?

What you do is up to you - but I think your safety and the safety of your kids needs to be the priority.

D
Old 03-10-2018, 02:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Jillian I am so sorry you are going through this.
Please, take the help of the authorities before things escalate.
I had an ex who did very similar, although as far as I know he wasn't on drugs. He accused me of cheating (in very vulgar ways) and then would lock me in the smoking closet for hours with him while he cried and begged for me not to leave him. While our young children ran around the house unattended (1 yr old and 3 yr old). When I did get out, and would sleep, he repeatedly took advantage of me (nice way to put it, I can't stand saying it the other way) in my sleep.
I drank to cope too. When I could. It didn't fix anything.
Eventually he left but like I said, he wasn't out of his head on drugs. But it took MONTHS of this torture before he left.

Please take care of yourself and the kids. Drugs added into an abusive mix already just seems so much more dangerous to me. For your safety and sanity, don't let this drag on.
You're not alone, we are here for you.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am at a friends house now.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
I wish he’d get help. I just want to live a normal life and enjoy it. No one should have to live like this.
You're right, Jillian.

But, don't wait for him to give you a normal life. I hope you take action for yourself and your children so that you have safety and security in your life, long-term.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well. I didn’t have to call the police. They talked him in to going to the precinct and took him to jail. I had to go pick up the truck so they didn’t impound it. I have a lot of cleaning to do tomorrow with all the mess he’s made in the house when I was gone and in the truck. I have a job lined up for Monday and my cousin is going to help me.

I really hope my husband gets help. He’s very far gone, mentally. The drugs these days are 10x worse, I believe. Everyone that came in contact with him today said that it wasn’t him. I don’t know who that man was, but it wasn’t my husband.