Notices

cravings are getting bad

Old 03-09-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cravings are getting bad

The last few days have been so tough. My mind keeps playing tricks on me trying to say just one will be ok. Drinking just one night will be ok and not lead to a full on relapse. The thing is, idk if that is true. I dont know if I could handle drinking one night and going back to being sober again. I don't even know what I want anymore or why I am doing this.

It feels good being sober, but I just want an escape. I am at 51 days and all I can think about right now is downing a bottle of wine and passing out.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don’t do it. Go exercise or something? Do you have a plan?
Old 03-09-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JackD89 View Post
The last few days have been so tough. My mind keeps playing tricks on me trying to say just one will be ok. Drinking just one night will be ok and not lead to a full on relapse. The thing is, idk if that is true. I dont know if I could handle drinking one night and going back to being sober again. I don't even know what I want anymore or why I am doing this.

It feels good being sober, but I just want an escape. I am at 51 days and all I can think about right now is downing a bottle of wine and passing out.
Hey there,

Yea it all seems like it would be so easy...just a bottle tonight and all will be good again in your world. Please re-think this choice..
What about tomorrow?
The chances of you wanting more will be good, the chances of you getting right back to 51 more days won't be so good. Starting again now will only start the cycle over again, and I'm sure you'll be down about it tomorrow.
How about finding an exciting movie? Lose yourself in a good book? Treat yourself to an awesome meal?
There are so many other options to help you escape.

(no offense)
Old 03-09-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You have got some sober time under your belt now.
Do you really want to throw that away just for the bottle.
Do you really believe that it will stop at one bottle.

Do you think that your AV will let you off the hook or will it just love the fact that it bested you into being it's slave again.

How will you feel when you wake having thrown the hard work away.
You have already been on that ride and you know well that it just takes you round the same repetative cycle.

You are only really getting going with sobriety and have been going through the crappy bit. Do you not want to see what it feels like when you pass 90 days or 180.

Stay strong and keep Marching forwards to new pathways, it's actually an adventure a voyage of discovery or re- discovery 😎
Old 03-10-2018, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I had cravings early in the process, I logged on and read posts or posted myself.
Seeing what was happening to others who relapsed was enough to make me stronger.
What do others do to get through the cravings?
Old 03-10-2018, 10:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rar

Don't do it! You think it's tough at Day 51, it will be HORRIBLE going through another Day 1. Stay with it. You wanted sobriety bad enough to last 51 days, so you really do want sobriety. As Dusti pointed out, your AV is not going to let you off the hook easily. Please don't drink. Keep reading and posting.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

For me, If I start drinking again, I will die. That's all I know.

For cravings, I urge surf, and sometimes drink a protein shake or an ensure type drink curbs my cravings. They seem to help me. I'm on day 2, so flavored sparkling water is refreshing to me as well.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rar

Are you feeling better today Jack?