Weekender 08-12 March 2017

Old 03-09-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders SayAnything,
wayforward and Rowlands1!

Good luck with the job hunting bim

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives me something to do but it doesn't get me anywhere.
LOL!

BixBees at least you are getting feedback from your clients which means you can act on it if it is fair and ignore it if it is unfair. I prefer people to complain rather than leave without saying anything.

petals, saying those things is no big deal, they are like drinking dreams, disturbing but the effect wears off.

Scruffy Puppy is a splendid looking chap Dragon. I am the one who has to set the alarm because the boss gave my name and address to the alarm co. I certainly live nearer to work than him but there are others nearer than me.

Good to see you VMan, week before last I was in France too for a couple of days for work though for reasons of national security my exact location there must remain top secret.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180309_174317.jpg (80.7 KB, 65 views)
Old 03-09-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear of what you are going through MLD. Hang in there.

Bim, my last job search lasted all of 5 minutes. But I knew after 2 months I wouldn't last till the spring. I gave them plenty of notice... Still considering finding a real job someday... but the thought of having to give my life back to the machine is such a turn off. Meanwhile, I ordered a new set of waders, have a new fly rod to try out soon, and an older new fly rod that needs more hours on the water. And another older new fly rod that needs more hours on the water. Getting into more niche fly fishing adventures. Will soon be traveling with an arsenal of rods to cover all the possibilities. It doesn't suck to be me
Except when the wife says, you don't need another fishing rod. Then I have to use the shoe analogy on her again. You don't need more than two pairs of shoes ladies.

Fly fishing on a quiet stream is my sanctuary.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Sao, the thing on the left is called a "hair brush", the thing on the right is called a "comb". They were invented well over a thousand years ago. And are still available at most stores today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
brush and comb.jpg (34.1 KB, 52 views)
Old 03-09-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by Rowlands1 View Post
Any one else got a smart arse 16 year old son who thinks he knows everything ???
made me think of this:

Old 03-09-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I had one pair of shoes for a long time, and thongs. But I am Australian and they are a must....that is flip flops people.

Now I have lots of shoes....lots for me anyway, maybe 20 pairs. And yes, it is enough for life.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Venus, my wife gives me grief for still wearing a 20 year old winter coat.
Hey, it works. And most all of my hunting 'stuff' is 20 years or older.
Thongs are what we call sexy underwear in the states. Flip flops are what we call people who can't decide what they are from one day to the next.
I just cashed my last paycheck. No more fun money for a while... That's why I ordered new waders - 7 years old is a goodly amount of time before the old ones break down. Last thing I need is to need a pair in an emergency. I do get my money's worth out of things. Still have the repair kit handy for the next hole in the old ones.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:17 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Checking in from New Orleans. Sober at a wasted wedding weekend.
Glad to see everyone here.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:59 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

In the winter I wear my trusty gray Uggs or my black leather ankle boots.

In summer I wear a pair of dark blue Toms.

I get a new pair every year, because I wear them out.

For special occasions I have a single pair of black flats.

I’d rather spend money on books!
Old 03-09-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi, Weekenders.

Checking in to wish everyone well. It's amazing to leave work and walk out into a bright, sunny day. I am so ready for the clocks to spring ahead!

Take care everyone. And if you're new, or returning, welcome aboard and congratulations on choosing sobriety.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Sao, the thing on the left is called a "hair brush", the thing on the right is called a "comb". They were invented well over a thousand years ago. And are still available at most stores today.
The former Mrs Sao said much the same thing to no avail. I brush it and it needs brushing again within days.

I did credibly well at Ten Pin Bowling tonight but heard a disturbing piece of info that an 800 foot high building might be being built near my flat (apartment). I can barely see the sky as it is.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:54 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Ugh! Sorry to hear that, Sao!
Old 03-09-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Yes, I agree, sorry to hear that, ugh!
Old 03-09-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
The former Mrs Sao said much the same thing to no avail. I brush it and it needs brushing again within days.
Sao, my response would be that plenty of people your age, hell plenty of people my age (45), would LOVE to have a full head of unkempt hair like that! That's always what I think of when I am overdue for a haircut and my mane gets a bit out of hand.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:52 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((marty))) we're all with you in spirit

best wishes Bim

D
Old 03-09-2018, 06:37 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

In-laws in town for the weekend. Good people. Will have some quality family time and see a movie... looking forward to it🙂 Hoping everyone here has a good next few days!
Old 03-09-2018, 07:44 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Took my daughter to the music shop to test drive a banjolele (She really wants one since learning about them in our Saturday Ukulele classes). At $420.00 she now has a goal to save towards. I happen to know enough George Formbyish cords to make an impression where now she 'really really really' wants one.

After supper, she found an add online from someone giving away thier 8 month old teddy bear hamster. So now Cloud the therapy hampster (a boy) has a new friend (or foe) in the cage next door - Dusty (a girl). We call Dusty the support hamster.

So from daughters perspective, today was a 'really really really' good day.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:27 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders RoxBlanc!

Good luck Dusty.

Morning everyone, 7.27am here and i'm drinking coffee. I am always thankful for hangover free Saturdays, more than other days of the week I think.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hello Saturday Morning! 7:05am here.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Yay! Yet to be born baby hamsters! Did you see my post last week (or so) about my mouse that became 60 mice in a box in my closet when I was a kid? It happens r e a l l y fast.

I like your hair, sao - and I still really love that photo. You can't post that too many times in my opinion. Never got to Paris, myself. Se la vie.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Say anything, hope you're having a great time in the Smokies! Most of the time, bears run away from you. I've seen 5 bears since I moved to the south. The only animal that has ever chased me wad a coyote.

MLB, that all sounds very sad and stressful. Thinking of you.

STDragon, I'm with your daughter, that sounds like a GREAT day.

Our last working truck blew it's engine Thursday so it's in the shop (grateful we had money to get a new engine). Its supposed to rain starting at 1pm til Monday. This means we need groceries for the whole weekend and they must fit in a backpack since I will be the carrier on the motorcycle. Best get to making coffee! HAPPY SATURDAY.