Notices

End of day two!

Old 03-07-2018, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

End of day two!

And I made it... I know many people would think that sounds pathetic... but I know most on here will understand that it’s a small triumph and I appreciate the understanding.

I was tempted at one point: that part of my brain said ‘maybe we should be tapering rather than cold turkey... just go buy one beer?’ But I went to an online SMART meeting instead and I’m SO GLAD now.

This weekend will be tough as I have friends in town who are heavy drinkers, but I’m going to be up front with them that I’m not drinking anymore. If they don’t get it, then they aren’t true friends.

I actually feel okay: not eating much but the sweats have passed. Still anxious, but already much better than yesterday. And so grateful for this forum. Thanks for listening.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go, Sophie! I think just getting through day 1 is really hard. Glad you are feeling better. Keep it up!
Old 03-07-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

That is your first "milestone"!
CONGRATS! It is one day at a time and you took your first step!
We think that is terrific and you should, too!
Onward to the next! It gets better just keep going.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Two days of sobriety is MAJOR!!!!!!! I can remember wanting to do a Happy Dance in the street to celebrate when I finally made it to two sober days.

Well done, Sophie!

Stay close.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Sophie! 2 days - not pathetic - those early ones are the hardest, so you're doing great. Be proud.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats...

I am wrapping up day 2 as well. I thought I would be tempted because I had an unexpected medical procedure today and although nothing major usually it is something that would make me feel like go get a drink but I didn't even FEEL that way.

I didn't make it to a meeting or yoga but I am going to try to just go to a late work out class. I am back at work tonight after a few weeks of binging and unable to go.

Good luck this weekend!
Old 03-07-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hopefor2018

Wow, glad I came on here. I'm at that point in the day where my booze brain really wants me to drink. I feel like such a loser that I want a beer that bad. I almost went to get one. Sophie's post has made me stay the course. I am a fellow day-2er. I just need to make it to bed time... 59 minutes and counting.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So glad to hear from you Hope: you are NOT not not a loser. We are just struggling with the early stages after a long time of dependence. The fact that we are on here and trying is a sign of strength, not weakness. I struggled today too and was so tempted, so you are not alone there... but we can do this....!!!
Old 03-07-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its not pathetic - it's great going

D
Old 03-08-2018, 02:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hopefor2018

Any Runners Out There

I love running almost as much as I love beer.

Since running is a positive addictive for me, was wondering if anyone out there shares the joy I feel when I hit the pavement?
Old 03-08-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rar

Two days is awesome and a huge milestone. The first few days are incredibly difficult and challenging. You're doing great! Hang in there.