Notices

struggling

Old 03-06-2018, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

struggling

am struggling at the moment tonight i wanted to go to an meeting but my husband refuses to take to one tonight plus its after 9pm so i cant go to one , tomorrow there is a meeting at night my husband will take me to that one as its one we have worked out together that i can go to with him coming with me and waiting around he refuses to come into a meeting with me as he says its not his thing he dont want me to go to meetings every day but at the moment am needing them i cant go to them on my own as i am a danger to myself at the moment and he dont want me going on my own at night because it gets dark at 6pm here

i really need a face to face meeting right now i feel like i cant cope with things i am feeling like if i dont go to one ill OD or self injure

Am off to bed soon kinda need to sleep tonight or ill be a mess
Old 03-06-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((GMS))))

We may not be face to face, but we are here at least in real time.

What’s bothering you tonight?
Old 03-06-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am praying for you, GMS.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you sleep well and get to the meeting tomorrow night GMS

D
Old 03-06-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Please take care of you and try to relax GMS
Old 03-06-2018, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Any chance your hubby would go to alanon? It sounds like he has some control issues and may even be upset that you have found a solution and he didn't provide it. After all he's the one who loves you most is he not?

Something I noticed when I got sober was that my father, who had been compelled to manage my affairs, had trouble handing the reigns back. He was used to looking after my stuff, not to mention my mother who was chronic. Managing our lives was a way of life for him.

I hope you can find a way around this. It is really sad to see a husband standing between his wife and recovery. I have seen it before.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hope that you are now sleeping peacefully, GrantMeSerenity, and that the meeting tomorrow (today) goes well.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Earth Child

i am hoping to make it to an AA meeting tonight my husband has been to meetings with alnon he said it wasnt for him he cant seem to leave me to make my own mistakes he says its because he loves me but i can understand why he will not leave me to my own mistakes managed to sleep ok and now am feeling a bit better thank you all for replying to me
Old 03-07-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please go to a meeting even if you go by yourself. If you need a meeting everydąy for a while your husband may feel like he has lost control of you. He sounds really dedicated to you.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Earth Child

we love each other very much but he is too scared to let me go to some places on my own he struggles a lot with it when i go places on my own i can only have a pound or 5 pound he scared ill buy blades or pill and drink as there was a time where i bought pills but gave its too one of my pastors who got rid of them av told him i will not do that again but he worries about me and i already have other groups mental health groups that keep me busy my husband says i have enough thing too keep me busy
Am doing something everyday all the time every day i want to stay busy most of the time because otherwise i have too much time on my hands
Old 03-07-2018, 10:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. I do much better when my mind is occupied, too.