Notices

I just do not seem to connect with AA

Old 03-06-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You may want to look into rehab. This will give you some "time off" to get yourself together then move onto and IOP afterwards.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

One really simple thing you could do is get together with one of the recovered members and go through the first part of the big book which deals with step one and all its implications. In the process, filter everything you discover through your own experience, see if it adds up. That is the fastest way I know to discover your truth, and once you know your truth it is so much easier to move forward.

You have very progressive employers. It is a pity there aren't more like them. They obviously think you are worth the effort and they want to keep you. Just beware that they are not equipped to diagnose alcoholism. Like the judge who sentences the drunk driver, he is dealing with a drunk offender, not necessarily an alcoholic. You need to know the truth for yourself, then it will become clear what you need to do.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
One really simple thing you could do is get together with one of the recovered members and go through the first part of the big book which deals with step one and all its implications. In the process, filter everything you discover through your own experience, see if it adds up. That is the fastest way I know to discover your truth, and once you know your truth it is so much easier to move forward.

You have very progressive employers. It is a pity there aren't more like them. They obviously think you are worth the effort and they want to keep you. Just beware that they are not equipped to diagnose alcoholism. Like the judge who sentences the drunk driver, he is dealing with a drunk offender, not necessarily an alcoholic. You need to know the truth for yourself, then it will become clear what you need to do.
I am going to another meeting today. I am just going to try to go, sit, listen as my first steps. Yoga helps me get and stay back centered and I plan on doing that today as well. I am going to try a Smart Recovery meeting today.

I know just being in the room won't work magic but it is a step for me and admitting this HAS to CHANGE NOW!!!
Old 03-06-2018, 12:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great idea pink. AA took 10 years to really sink in. Hope you get the message quicker