Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I keep forgetting, after 3 to 4weeks, that I'm a binge alcoholic.

Notices

Old 03-04-2018, 11:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I did stop for a year, then it began to creep back since my friedship circle(new family/ fiancee ) changed. Having a problem trying to find a job since I moved countries, without my AA support. This desease will never stop till I stop the first one. As long as it has alcohol, it keeps deceiving me. I have about 2 to 4, with no incedent and perfect clarity. Then nothing for a about a month. With that new found freedom,..... it gets me when i least expect and I blank out sometimes on my second glass of wine. Cursing the next morning in bed....blank of the previous 8 hours. Today, I'm much stronger "I will not have number one"... One day at a tim...and will continue on this forum for life. Thanks all with your experience that you so honestly share. This is my first time here.

Last edited by themummy; 03-04-2018 at 11:18 PM. Reason: typo errors
Old 03-04-2018, 11:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi themummy

maybe its not so much we forget but we convince ourselves this time will be different?

Of course it never is - and if you can accept that truth and think about that when you're craving, that goes a long way to turning things around for good

D
Old 03-12-2018, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi

Thank you for this revalation. My inability to beat and challenge alcohol stems from my commitment to overcome alcohol, which is were I'm powerless. Your ize words have reall helped me this last weekend and i remained sober...thanks dee7
Old 03-12-2018, 11:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words themummy - welcome

D