Notices

Eating too much sugar

Old 03-05-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

For some people, you gotta cut some stuff out (alcohol in my case). I don't really get crazy on sugar when I stop, but almost use it as a quick insulin spike to curb cravings, but i'm not drinking 2L bottles of soda. I'll have a few gummibears or something.

I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but my coffee consumption skyrockets if I don't keep it in check. I get tired through withdrawals and the process of the body healing, and end up drinking far too much coffee with sugar and cream. Gotta check my coffee intake... Sometimes I feel like crap and realized I'd just been drinking coffee since waking 'till 1pm.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I would second going to Keto, You teach your body to burn fat to make energy. almost 0 carbs or 20gms, and little protein. As far as coffee is concerned -- try the bulletproof coffee. Of all the things, my biggest concern is, I need to address my drinking...I am seeking positive energy here...Thank you all...
Old 03-06-2018, 04:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iwilltryagain View Post
I would second going to Keto, You teach your body to burn fat to make energy. almost 0 carbs or 20gms, and little protein. As far as coffee is concerned -- try the bulletproof coffee. Of all the things, my biggest concern is, I need to address my drinking...I am seeking positive energy here...Thank you all...
I'm on day 4 of atkin's/keto whatever and had reality slap me a bit earlier. I kid you not, when I got the news I was thinking "F the diet. Eat what you want. You'll feel better". Not once did drinking enter my head,but it was the same 'voice'. I shoveled down a salad and did all I can do for now regarding my life situation. It does get easier with each passing day that you don't pick up 1 drink.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ive experienced eating ice cream, candy bars and other things I normally never would think about but I think it is much better than drinking. It seems the majority of you work out, A LOT I would take one step at a time.

This time I am going with a vegan diet and just eating natural sugars. Pineapples were tasty but I didn't over do it.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

Originally Posted by wastedpotential View Post
I've seen a study that alcoholics tend to die early whether they get sober or not. We start replacing alcohol with food mostly junk food and kill ourselves just as fast. AA meetings are a good example how many recovering alcoholics scarf down donuts with a pop or coffee with plenty of sugar as a chaser or show up with mcdonalds and a large coke then they all sit outside sucking down cigarettes. Its that mentality that well at least were not drinking so we snack on treats all day and eat processed sugar loaded crap for meals.
I wouldn't place that much blame junk food. If ya abuse alcohol for 30 years, ya gonna die earlier than you would have if you didn't. All this, "Hey, I crushed my liver for 25 years every day and now 3 months sober my liver enzyme levels are normal" doesn't mean the liver is normal. I'm sure this mistake has lead many to pick up the bottle again.

It's also ironic to have people drink 12 beers and a large pizza every night for years and then get sober and think it's a donut that's going to kill them.