Notices

Lost for words

Old 03-04-2018, 06:15 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Palmersage thanks I’m thinking I’m going to do the AA and tell him how I feel anyway I tried to tell him today I thought about shooting my self and he said don’t be a pu**y and do it. Which was a little upsetting I don’t know if he just doesn’t care or thinks it’s a joke but I know it’s not a joke and I don’t deserve that
Old 03-04-2018, 09:09 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

hi Nichole, it seems you have a load of stuff all bundled up together. Alcoholism, suicide, AA, guns, husband. It would be hard for anyone to know where to start to unravel all of that but you do need to start somewhere and I think stopping drinking is the logical and best place to start.

There are lot of recovery methods, not just AA, but AA does have the huge benefit of having real people and support around you and that's not such a bad thing. If fact, for many its really useful and valuable, especially at the start of recovery. Maybe you could commit to stop drinking and then after a day or two, once your head starts to clear a little you could see how you feel about AA and go from there?
Old 03-05-2018, 01:25 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I could be wrong best it sounds like your suggesting something different then AA maybe or keep my options open what other recovery methods are we talking about just curious????
I actually truly want to get better and live my life and be the person I should be not the person the addiction makes me be!!!
Thanks
Old 03-05-2018, 01:52 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Some of us use AA meetings to stay sober.

Some of us see a counselor to help us stay sober.

Some of us read and post here every day to stay sober.

Most of us got started by saying "I can't do this anymore," and really meant it.

Tell your husband you really don't want to drink anymore, and ask if he could help you with that. If he won't, then come here and post about it. Nobody here will call you names, and nobody here will tell you that drinking is a good idea!

"I finally decided I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink." -- Very wise member here who I quote constantly and can't remember her name...

Stay close,
Arp
Old 03-05-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are other meeting based approaches Nichole but there may not be much choice depending on where you live.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...formation.html (Recovery Programs and Resources Information)

AA is pretty much everywhere.

D