SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Taking the first step (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/424326-taking-first-step.html)

Pepperflo 03-03-2018 08:52 AM

Taking the first step

Hello..

I'm way behind many of you guys on here, because I am sadly still chained to my addiction. I drink about two bottles of wine a night, have lost friendships, lovers, my looks, my health, and now apparently, unless I stop, my life. I was recently in hospital with a swollen stomach and still, went home and had my two bottles.

I see so many stories of successful recoveries. I don't see myself getting there. I don't feel that I have the strength.

I am going to my first meeting on Tuesday. Any help or advice very welcome.

Thank you x

JayTee33 03-03-2018 09:06 AM

Hi pepper, welcome. This place is great for support and resources. I think you've taken the best first step by coming here, and by deciding to attend a meeting. You have the strength to do this! We're all in it together. Good luck!

jhonnyspa 03-03-2018 09:24 AM

Hi peper,
Well done on taking that first step,I know only two well how hard it is despite prison.court, hospitals, fights ect I still darnk.My advice would be to check out an live online meeting and you will have a idea what AA is about but nothing can take away from the real Meeting.

PurpleKnight 03-03-2018 01:10 PM

Welcome to the Forum Pepperflo!! :wave:

You'll find loads of support and advice here on SR, great to have you onboard!! :)

Dee74 03-03-2018 04:22 PM

Hi and welcome pepperflo :)

I didn't think I had the strength either - but with the right support you'll be amazed at what you can achieve :)

I;m glad you found us :)

D

Hevyn 03-03-2018 06:18 PM

Pepper, I drank most of my life & never imagined how I'd get by without it. Yet here I am, sober. We know you can get free & have a great new life. Welcome.

rascalwhiteoak 03-03-2018 06:37 PM

Hi Pepperflo. Visiting here daily is a huge part of me being sober. It's a first step well taken.

scottynz 03-03-2018 11:57 PM

hey Pepperflo,

It can be really daunting to contemplate giving up alcohol. I was a 2 bottle a night drinker too.

The fact you are here means you want to make a change and we want to support you. I’m still in really early days and I had SO many false starts and attempts at moderation.

There is a lot of really helpful information on this site and many different approaches. I know it is scarey, but be kind to yourself, we are all walking this path together and nobody is going to judge.

Zebra1275 03-04-2018 04:15 PM

I am going to my first meeting on Tuesday. Any help or advice very welcome.

Plan where you are going to go fo your second meeting, before you leave your first. And don't drink between meetings.