Question About AA

Old 03-03-2018, 11:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreedomCA View Post
I am on Step 1.
The most important, even if you don't continue with AA
Old 03-03-2018, 12:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I believe there are many ways to get sober. AA may be the only way for your sponsor, but that can be different for everyone. I think it’s okay to disagree with your sponsor.

I, myself, am enjoying AA so far. I think it works for me because I was ready to make something work and am determined to continue.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
lthough when she has her knee replacement ops (both knees - ouch) and can't so easily get to meetings then I'll point heroin the direction of this forum again.

BB
Freudian slip BB?😁

To the OP. Not sure where the problem is. You like the program, you like your sponsor and she hasnt put any demands on your sponorship that you find onerous.

If you don't like the way your sponsor is suggesting you work the program, bring them up and find another sponsor if you cant resolve your differenves. Dont like Big Book thumpers? Take what you nred from AA or find another path. Thats what I did ehen i had issues with the whole giving myself to a higher power jazz. As thats kind of the central purpose and tenant of AA i went elsewhere. Otherwise its like going to a Baptist church and getting upset that people are finding their way through Jesus.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My friend is an atheist in AA, so giving yourself up to a higher power may not be so crucial to everyone in AA.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
Freudian slip BB?😁

Thankfully no. Just the usual typo issues. (I remember messing around in Typing lessons at school in the 80's, thinking "when am I gonna need this stuff anyway?"..... and then came the interweb.)