Notices

New here

Old 03-02-2018, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

Hi. My boyfriend of a year is an alcoholic. He freely admits to it. But he's says he doesn't want to stop drinking. He was pretty bad when we met. He was drinking around 10 to 15 25oz beers a day. Sleeping most of it. He slowed down for awhile only drinking about 3 or 4. He was somewhat active and fun to be around. The last 2 weeks here has been complaining if dizziness and week. But he only gets it of his chair to get beer or use the bathroom. He's now back to drinking around 8 to 10 of the big ones and says he doesn't drink that much. He sleeps about 12to14 hours. He refused to do anything. He has started asking me to even go to the store for him to get his beer. He says if i care, i will go get his beer. It might be important to say he is intellectually impaired. He lies a lot about everything. He says he's not "buzzing" when he's clearly intoxicated. I am sick with stress and i feel like there is only one solution and that is to leave him. I love him and i worry but all he thinks is that nobody cares. I just don't know what to do anymore.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome, Novaqayn

sorry to hear what brings you here - sure sounds like getting drunkis is his one and only priority.
and that your caring is not changing that. it can't....it's not about you.

you can see how screwy that is, to put it in tems of you getting his beer if you care.

we have a Friends and Family section farther down the forum list, and i urge you to check it out; full of folks who have been where you are and will share what is and has been helpful to them.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Novaqayn
I'm sorry for what bring you here, but You'll find support

sometimes all the love in the world won't make a person stop drinking. It then that you have to decide whether you want to live the rest of your life like this. Its a terrible decision I know. but like I said, you're not alone here

D
Old 03-02-2018, 11:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you

Thank you both. I will check it the family and friends section.