Notices

Three weeks today

Old 02-27-2018, 06:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats, LG!
Old 02-27-2018, 07:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I hope to be there soon. I am really in awe when you say you have no cravings for alcohol... I am definitely happier, healthier and more grateful but dang, i'd love no cravings too! Oh well
Old 02-27-2018, 08:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
Congrats, LG!
Thank you man. I just went back after reading your jeans post and was reminded how much your posts on this site effected me and moved me. Nothing beats Memories of the liquor store cashier - which I myself have bumped from obscurity more than one time, might even do it again.

I'm in my 40s as well. I hope to be able to stand where you are, having been sober for that long.

Super impressive. Hope to see you more on these boards.

No one is coming to save me.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
Congratulations! I hope to be there soon. I am really in awe when you say you have no cravings for alcohol... I am definitely happier, healthier and more grateful but dang, i'd love no cravings too! Oh well
Thanks goodbye. I wonder though about how to define what I feel about alcohol right now, at 3 weeks, a mere 21 days since my last, horrid, very close to tragic, more than pathetic, months long bender.

It's only been 21 days since I rode the alcohol train about as far down as I had ridden it before - work, family, my health - all hanging in the balance over weekday morning pints of vodka.

I would be lying if I didn't have thoughts about booze still - but they feel more like "pangs" than "urges." Maybe its just because I am still so close to the last time I really almost lost the thread on my life, only weeks from that. Ie I know how bad that sh-t is for me. Whereas I'm sure the futher I get from retching over the toilet in my suit before work, those pangs may/will become urges. I don't know.

But I do know the firmness that I feel planted on the ground, the way I can look people in the eye, just simple confidence, nothing fancy - all that and so much more is from being sober.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well done, lessgravity.

Very pleased for you.

Power on!