Notices

Struggling

Old 02-25-2018, 03:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
Thanks you berrybean something I’ll definitely look into I do have a question about it maybe you can help isn’t AA very religious??? I have a friend back from high school that goes to one she doesn’t live around here anymore but I told her about my drinking habits and told me the reason why I drink is because the devil is in me kind of worried me if they are all that way but they are probably not all the same right???
ive been to hundreds of meetings and heard thousands of people at those meetings and cant recall ever hearing someone say that.
what i have heard over and over why people drink is because of untreated alcoholism.
beings how AA is all inclusive, it would be hard to say AA is relisious as its inclusive to all with a desire to stop drinking no matter what religion they mayt have AND even those that dont follow any religion.

religion is for people afraid of going to hell.
spitituality-what AA has- of for people that have been in hell.

nichole, i got sober in small town. past the couple meetings/wk in the town i lived in, the next closest meeting was a 52 mile round trip. i put many miles on my car attending meetings. it actually was quite nice to have some me time on the ride to and from early on.
eventually, i got to know others in AA and rode to meetings with them. there would be a meeting before the meeting on the ride there, meetings during the meeting, and a meeting on the ride home