SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   hi, i am very unsure of everything!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/42395-hi-i-am-very-unsure-everything.html)

smiler 11-03-2004 03:21 PM

hi, i am very unsure of everything!!

:wave: Hey, i'm new and have been looking through some of the previous postings. It is lovely to see such support and hope that i will able to be as supportive of u guys.

Yesterday/this morning was the lowest point ever, i had a major blackout and cannot believe what i have become. I hurt someone who is very special to me and think i have probably lost them forever. I need to do this for me but also them, so fingers crossed i will stay off the booze!

i feel like i have made a big step by admitting i have a problem so i guess things can now only get better ( or am i being too naive!)

take care all of u

smiler

lulu70 11-03-2004 04:47 PM

Hello and welcome to SR! You're right. Admitting you have a problem is a big step. However, it is only the first step. If you really want to get sober and stay sober, in my experience, you have to take action. Have you thought about calling AA? I go to meetings at least 4 times a week and it has saved my life. There are also other recovery programs out there.

Glad you are here, and if you have any questions, just ask!!!

Hugs--

Tigerlilly 11-03-2004 04:56 PM

Welcome Smiler!!
We all hurt the ones we love the most. Have faith in yourself, keep smilin, and keep coming back here. I found this site by accident, and now have been sober 14 days today. I feel better everyday. I hope things work out with the person you hurt, but I also hope that person is forgiving and knows that your sick, and sees that now your ready to face it, deal with it and tackle it. You need all the love and support you can get right now, and if this person truly cares they'll have your back. Good luck and keep us posted on your journey. It's a wild ride....

Tigerlilly

mikee 11-03-2004 05:29 PM

Smiler, glad u tuned in! As mentioned above, your on the right track! And getting support can go a long way! Welcome!

ted 11-03-2004 06:14 PM

HEY SMILER,WELCOME. :wave:
BLACKOUTS,PHEW.BECAME A DAILY THING FOR ME. :rohno!:
I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER INSIDE AND OUT NOW. :yup:
I DON'T HAVE THE FEELING OF TOTAL DESPAIR WHEN I AWAKE.
ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!YOU MIGHT WANT TO GIVE A.A. A TRY.
STICK AROUND...................ted

Chy 11-03-2004 06:40 PM

Welcome Smiler!
No your not naive, you've just taken a huge step in admitting you need help, and we'll be here to help along the way! Keep coming back!

1Marty 11-03-2004 08:05 PM

Welcome Smiler, I'm Marty, Alcoholic. Yes you made a big step. Great Job! I still get anxious thinking about my blackout days. Very scary stuff. I was like a Tornado, wrecking everything in my path. Which was usually close loved ones first. I'm glad I'm not drinking today. AA has shown me a new way of life. Best of luck to you.

Believe78 11-04-2004 09:47 AM

Hey smiler....i feel your pain....and the hint of much needed comfort....need to talk too

ted 11-04-2004 09:51 AM

78 YOU OK???
WELCOME,GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT HERE.
KEEP POSTING!!!...........ted

smiler 11-04-2004 12:49 PM

thank u all of u, for your supportive messages.
Believe 78 if u ever need to talk we are all here for u??

I guess the pain never goes away, it just becomes easier to deal with.....