Notices

I challenge you to 100 Happy Days...

Old 02-20-2018, 11:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I challenge you to 100 Happy Days...

I saw this on the friends and family forum and it sounds like a great challenge to me. There may already be such a thread on the newcomers forum but if so I have never seen it. I have posted a link below of the original thread (hope it works). There's a suggestion that rather than taking a pic of something everyday you can just detail it in a post on the thread as this protects people's anonymity more.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/341422-100-happy-days-anyone-tried.html

So my happy moment for day #1 is our cat jumping on to our bed at 7am to say good morning after she heard my alarm go off because she knew we'd be awake 😼
Old 02-20-2018, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nova84 View Post
I saw this on the friends and family forum and it sounds like a great challenge to me. There may already be such a thread on the newcomers forum but if so I have never seen it. I have posted a link below of the original thread (hope it works). There's a suggestion that rather than taking a pic of something everyday you can just detail it in a post on the thread as this protects people's anonymity more.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...one-tried.html (100 Happy Days - anyone tried it?)

So my happy moment for day #1 is our cat jumping on to our bed at 7am to say good morning after she heard my alarm go off because she knew we'd be awake 😼
I don't know if I've ever had 100 'happy days' in my life.... but I can say that I start every day with some "better thoughts".

I often feel a little glum or down. I find that starting out my mornings by acknowledging those feelings, but then moving my awareness to a 'better thought' - I adjust my outlook, my feelings, my readiness for the day.

Sometimes, it takes the form of a poem. Sometimes it's a journal entry. Sometimes it's just a short and personal conversation with myself.....

But it always helps.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post. To keep me motivated in the new year today I made a grid for the next 70 days. To keep healthy and sober. Tracking food, excercise and mood. Short term goal for a long term result. Def works.😃
Old 02-20-2018, 06:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unseasonably warm weather here today, so there were many happy moments on my afternoon walk/run.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My happiest days are spent with my dogs and cats, in particular, walking the dogs. My best days are days in which we get in at least one walk. Dog walking makes me happy.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day #2

Today's happy moment was hearing a song on the radio by someone I used to babysit when he was little 😊
Old 02-21-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure I had a flashback to a pink cloud moment this morning while going to work. I was early on this time last year, and today's memory brought back all the freshness and excitement of that.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day #3 An afternoon of playing with children.