Notices

Get living and not just surviving

Old 02-22-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Get living and not just surviving

Recovery, being recovered, however you want to term it, is a process to get living life and be able to see things with positivity, optimism and hope. If it wasn’t for this then this Alkie and I would imagine most others would just think what’s the point.

Sometimes in my recovery I needed to just survive and get through the days as I had some monumentally tough life stuff to deal with. But the faith that I would one day feel better and get thinking about living rather than just merely surviving kept me going. Recovery works and it works incredibly. The spiritual life truly is something to be cherished and transforms one’s outlook and attitudes. It certainly has done for me anyway and often it has progressed naturally without me really thinking too much about it. I guess honesty, open-minded and willingness really is key for this process to work.

Keep the faith that the sober life is worth it. It isn’t easy but it’s absolutely worth it; to get living again rather than merely surviving is a gift.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great observations, brighterday. Recovery really is so much more than just quitting alcohol.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love this. I've been trying to focus on living during my early recovery phase. It's definitely a process
Old 02-22-2018, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you. This is right what I needed to read.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Thanks for posting !
Good to read tonight
Old 02-23-2018, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and grateful for my recovery. Just got back from playing an incredible gig; all gifts of sobriety/recovery. Without sobriety and my recovery I doubt I’d still be on this planet. Grateful to be sober.

It truly is possible to live life and appreciate things more. Acceptance is key and accepting that experiences within sobriety are different but that they are ultimately more rewarding as they’re gifts to be truly appreciated.

Keep the faith
Old 02-24-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi brighterday...during my recovery I've prescribed to the phrase 'thriving in sobriety' as a way of reminding me that it is about gains not losses, living not merely surviving and I've found this really helpful in focusing my attention on the positives. Wishing you well on your recovery journey 💜