Notices

Weekender Thread 22-26 February 2018

Old 02-24-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm checking into this thread for the first time. I tend to struggle with unstructured time on the weekend, despite having tons of stuff I need to do. Any tips? Thanks!
Old 02-24-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hello and good morning.

Well, it might sound too simplistic, but I structure the time....I was doing that just now as you posted....Nick is still in bed or upstairs and I take this time to look at all I/we want to do this weekend and make a list.

So now I feel calm and organised. This also helps me to enjoy my weekend without the thought that there are a million things I need to do.

Hope that makes some sense....I am still on my first coffee and it was a loooooooooooooooong week.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post

whilst making sure I still enjoy Caturday.....cos fun is always on my weekend list!!!
Old 02-24-2018, 06:31 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by petals View Post
Poorly again...having a lie in and Mr P just phoned..from work......awww cute I thought seeing how I am..... he did ask.... then got onto the more important things in life...... how long does it take to heat up 2 sausage rolls in the microwave ...and what do they need to go on ....ie plate etc ����
Good job I love him����
Sausage rolls? Where are you dear petals.....
Of course you don't need to answer that....but us Aussies and sausage rolls, well, yum. Brits too. Maybe.....wait for it......could sausage rolls be worldwide?

So how long do you think....how big were they? Cos the ones I have would take about 2 minutes each.

Hope you feel better today love.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PalmerSage View Post
Hi all, I'm checking into this thread for the first time. I tend to struggle with unstructured time on the weekend, despite having tons of stuff I need to do. Any tips? Thanks!
Welcome, Palmer!

In early days I just tried to do things that either gave me a sense of accomplishment or that were calming and repetitive. I walked. A LOT.

I grocery shopped and prepared delicious and nutritious meals.

I watched Netflix.

In early days I went to AA meetings. That was good for me, it made me suit up and show up and shut up (they didn't say that, I tend to do too much talking, so it was good for me to listen to other people.) Meetings really refocused my spinning and confused mind.

All my time is unstructured, so that wasn't so much an issue. Once I said, "I'm done," I meant it, and there was no one or no thing that was going to change my mind. I think people who are successful have to have that mindset. There is no excuse for and no need for a drink, no matter what. I am just thrilled to have so much more time to enjoy things I like now.

I had to bring this to this new page. So cute. This is me after too many hours sitting. That neck pain!

Originally Posted by andyh View Post
Happy Caturday!

Old 02-24-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I'm on day 68 and feeling strong RE: not drinking, but trying to manage my time continues to stress me out. Trying to create new habits is not easy...in the past, while drinking, my pattern would be a Tasmanian Devil-style flurry of continuous activity, followed by completely checking out. bimini, your comment about accomplishments and repetitive tasks is super helpful.

Edit: PS, I'm in the US and have never heard of sausage rolls?
Old 02-24-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hey, US people, have you guys watched, "Monkey Life," on Netflix? Fascinating docu-series about a monkey and primate sanctuary in England. It's a fabulous place. I have no idea how they afford to do it, but it's pretty spectacular. 20 half-hour shows. I guess you UKers probably have seen it already. US Netflix is heavily UK/AUS shows these days.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

bimini, I haven't seen Monkey Life, but I've been watching the revamp of "Queer Eye" which was popular in the early 2000s. Perfect treadmill show!
Old 02-24-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Palmer, it's okay to do nothing. Really. Try it.

Meditation is seemingly nothing, but it reaps powerful rewards.

I think in our crazy society we feel like we always have to be doing something. I'm here to tell you that's a lie!!

*edit - I watched a couple of the new Queer Eye, too. They're so chirpy.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I'm doing something right now....talking to you guys, taking photos of my new plants, drinking coffee, listening to music....even dancing around the room a little as I water plants.

bim is SO SO right.....just be.....after I write down what I want to get done, I relax.....and I'm an Aussie who just moved here hence the sausage rolls.

Love you bim.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Back atcha, V.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Great advice, bimini! I need to try meditation again. I've really enjoyed in in the past.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:08 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Palmer, it's okay to do nothing. Really. Try it.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Checkin in here.

Nothing, truly nothing, beats sober early mornings on the weekend. I have to get to the office to tend to some crap today but having been up, sober af, since 6:30am means my head is in the best place it could be.

Hope your weekends are calm.

No one is coming to save us.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Welcome, Palmer! I'm still getting used to sober weekends since I don't work Sat/Sun anymore. Got some much needed exercise and I need to work on practicing creative crap, but like Bim and Venuscat said (and lessgravity) I'm trying to just relax and enjoy not being hungover! The meditations help a lot too; I also have relaxing Youtube background music playing. Glad to have you with us!

I love the little kittens gif.....I think the one on the far right with the folded ears is my favorite
Old 02-24-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

We are saving ourselves.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:22 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Who needs ears when I haz toes. One, two, free, four.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

andyh, that is so sweet.
Thanks for the welcome, Purplrks!
Old 02-24-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
OX

Happy caturday
Makes me miss my lil guy so much! Hopefully to get a new kitty soon if we move. Going to look at a house today for home inspection. Been a stressful week dealing with responsibilities. If things go well today we are looking at a whole new chapter of life. Pretty excited. Thinking I should cut down on the coffee today because yesterday I was so anxious with everything that’s going on yet still in a holding pattern as things advance step by step. Was good though instead of drinking I put energy in and focused enough to do my taxes. Oh joy! Was nice to get it done.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:04 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

This is our brat cat who lives at Mom's....he likes to curl up on the cushioned chairs under the patio table. We were watching Puppy Bowl and I woke him from his nap to see if he wanted to watch the Kitty Halftime Show....this was the look I got: