Notices

Day 7....

Old 02-19-2018, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7....

And it feels amazing.

After a 4 day terrible withdrawal including sweats, tremors, stomach cramps, liver pain, hallucinations and insomnia, I am FINALLY starting to feel human again.

My blood pressure is still slightly elevated, but coming down thank goodness.

It’s amazing how great you can feel when you stop poisoning your body.
I’ve only had one craving yesterday while watching my husband have a beer.
I know it’s wrong but I haven’t told him. About the alcoholism, withdrawal, or attempt at sobriety.
I’ve always hid my alcoholism very well, drinking in the bathroom, hiding all of my bottles...and chalked my withdrawal up to the flu.
I know I need to tell him but I’m not sure how- I don’t want him to think any less of me 😔
Old 02-19-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time. 7 days is quite the accomplishment and I commend you!

Would you think less of someone who had a serious illness? Do you think your husband would think less of the person he loves who is struggling with alcoholism?

This is not your fault, in my opinion. I cant blame myself for having alcoholism but I can change the dynamic by not participating in active alcoholism. After years and years of this battle I have come to the understanding that this "disease" will always be with me and with every alcoholic.

Keeping your alcoholism a secret is a set up for failure. It gives you permission to drink when your brain says " I can control it. I will only have one". If you cannot tell the truth to trusted loved ones about what you are going through, and what you have been through, then it will only be a matter of time before you are not telling the truth to yourself. You are leaving an escape route to drinking when the recovery hits a bumpy patch.

I think your husband may already have an understanding of your drinking and hiding. My alcoholism does not like to be exposed and Im thinking yours could be the same way.

Just a few thoughts.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Stargazer - glad you're feeling better

D
Old 02-19-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome StarGazer. I also was so happy when I reached 7 days. I think it's a tremendous milestone - one hard fought. Congratulations.