Notices

Sometimes this is SO hard

Old 02-18-2018, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sometimes this is SO hard

Day 33...home alone on a Sunday and feel as if I am going to crawl out of my skin.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

4Thorns is there anything you can do to pass the time in a pleasant way today?
By anything I mean ANYTHING!
Hot bath or shower?
Movie?
Prepare and eat a nice meal?
Go for a walk?
Read some recovery material or a documentary on YouTube?
Clear out that annoying kitchen cupboard that's been bothering you?
Zap some aliens on a computer game?
Meditate?
Bite the bullet and look for an AA meeting nearby?
The list isn't really the point it's just that I remember those days all too well my friend and I had a go-to list of things that did help. You can also add a damn good cry and go to bed to my list too!
The only thing that matters on days like today are getting to bed sober tonight. That's your only job.
Please keep going and days like today will one day be few and far between.
Take care xx
Old 02-18-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're struggling today.

Can you get out and go for a walk? It's a beautiful day here where I am and it was great to be outside.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep reading/posting on here if nothing else works for now. You're doing great at 33 days ☺
Old 02-18-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

You are doing FABULOUS with 33 days!! Do something you enjoy - not a chore - and the crave wave should subside. You want yo wake up tomorrow to Day 34 - not another Day One.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep sober! I’ve come to realise solitude is sometimes a great thing-doing your own thing on your own time with no pressure. It keeps me sober-try to embrace it. I’m with you all the way! Sobriety is awesome-hang in there!
Old 02-18-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

To Do lists were my best friend when I first got sober. Hell, I still make them and they always put me in check when I stop being productive. I found that when I had nothing to do I struggled the most. Cleaning, cooking, getting out of the house, reaching out to family and friends, journaling, etc always helped keep my mind busy so I didn't continually mentally torture myself.

I also started to treat myself. I would go out and buy myself something even if it was something small, I got my nails done, I did little things for ME and that helped keep my mood up when I started to get into a rut.

You can do this! Keep pushing forward!
Old 02-18-2018, 01:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have had an alone day myself - which I would usually "take advantage of" by getting wasted.

The beast is still walking the length of his cage in my belly, but I know I'm going to actually take advantage of the day today. Even if that means getting fat on pizza.

How are you doing?
Old 02-18-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope your day/night got better 4thorns

D
Old 02-18-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind words. I pulled my blinds down off my windows and washed them. Than my husband came home and we left the house for a couple of hours. Being alone is the hardest thing for me right now. I am sometimes my own worst enemy.

Danger averted, moving forward....

"The reason for all the struggles is so you finally see that none of them are bigger than you are"

4Thorns
Old 02-18-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sundays are always triggers for me. My old friend AV telling me I deserve a reward after a productive weekend. OMG, with friends like this who needs enemies!! This is my reward: Begin drinking Sunday afternoon one after the next until I am saturated with alcohol. Go to bed (pass out) wake up around 3am pounding heart, awful, dry mouth. Falling back into an anxiety sleep and waking up 2 hours later to spend a long, excruciating day at work. I am so glad to be sober this Sunday. Good work, 4thorns, sounds like you are too!
Old 02-18-2018, 05:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 4Thorns View Post
"The reason for all the struggles is so you finally see that none of them are bigger than you are"
4Thorns
This quote is awesome - Thank you. I’m also struggling a bit on day 31. Just ordered a fattening pizza, despite already having a healthy dinner.