Notices

I drank yesterday, on Day 10. Feel like hell. Don't drink!!!

Old 02-18-2018, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I drank yesterday, on Day 10. Feel like hell. Don't drink!!!

I knew trouble was coming. I always falter around day 8. I was staying up til 1am, doing nothing about agitated thoughts. I was eating too much sugar. Drinking too much caffeine. I had missed four days of meetings and was isolating. I had bavk to back to back meetings yesterday and I just wanted to go sit down somewhere and have a nice meal. I made the decision to drink wine. I drank 3 glasses of it. That was at 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon. It is now 12:15pm and I still feel like my sinuses are in a vice, also nauseous. I was supposed to go to Mass this morning. Missed it. Was supposed to go with my daughter to a lecture. Had to skip it. I went to a meeting after I drank. It was awful. I think the other four people there were using as well. Not the way I want my recovery to be. I'm goi h to get through today and do what I'm supposed to do again. Meetings at 730 am. Meditation. Talk to my sponsor. Eat healthy foods. Sleep. Ugh. A good reminder of the glamor of alcohol.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm sorry you drank 4tg but congratulations on 20 days. I had sugar cravings too, it is very commonplace and not a big deal as it is not permanent. Trouble sleeping is also very common so it would probably be best if you limited your coffee intake. After about 11am I drink tea which has a much lower caffeine content, it cannot do any harm. I am sure that with a few tweaks to your plan you will be successful.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel so bad. Since the time around Day 8 or so is predictably tough for you, maybe you can come up with a plan that will help you get through that time.