Notices

Take 2

Old 02-18-2018, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Take 2

This is my second time trying to get clean. I hate who I become with alcohol and I want to stop. I'm 12 hours clean and the guilt is already crippling. I feel so alone. I wish I had never started drinking
Old 02-18-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard or back!

I also hate who I become when drinking. I actually do not know who arrives but I hear she is a wild animal.

You can get sober. Its a road that is worth traveling. Stick around and take the suggestions given. It just may change your life
Old 02-18-2018, 09:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jess,

I tried many times to get sober, and each time I started again I hated myself more and more......You can do this, and SR can help.

I am on day 18, free from the chains of booze. This time feels different as I am no longer allowing myself to regret the past, it was a learning experience to prepare me for a healthy, happy future. You can do this.

Maybe you could take today and practice good self care, snuggle up to some movies, take a hot bath, eat some good food. You can do this.

Love yourself more than you ever have, forgive yourself of past mistakes. Did I mention (?) YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 02-18-2018, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
J50

Congrats on your decision to quit! This place has been a tremendous help and inspiration to me. Accept your past, but don't let it control your future. Your body and brain will go through major changes in the beginning, but the pain and suffering are worth it. One of the things I learned was things will get better! (There's a thread on this somewhere).
Old 02-18-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jess - do you have a plan?

I know the guilt and the fear. Sit with them if you can. And read up on this site - so much wisdom here.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Jess - do you have a plan?

I know the guilt and the fear. Sit with them if you can. And read up on this site - so much wisdom here.
No I don't have a plan. I just want to beat this addiction. I want the life I had back when I didn't drink. I want to be that girl again.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jess,
Hi. Welcome. Good for you for 14 sober hours. I am just 31 days sober myself, but I know the first four days we’re a minute by minute focus! For me, I needed help to detox so I had to start with my Dr. from there I’ve come to SR and gone to an AA meeting every day since. I have friends, support, and a sponsor.

I AM HAPPY

That is not a statement I could’ve honestly said any other time in the last few years.

Stay strong Jess! I look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
J50

Originally Posted by Jess1998 View Post
No I don't have a plan. I just want to beat this addiction. I want the life I had back when I didn't drink. I want to be that girl again.
If you are relying on willpower alone, it's going to be a tough battle.

A plan helps you shape a life without alcohol and may require a change in who you hang out with and where you go. Otherwise, you are going to "white knuckle" it, which may lead to relapse.

Henry Ford said, "If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got."

Also, there's a saying, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

There's a ton of info on Recovery plans here!
Old 02-18-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by J50 View Post
If you are relying on willpower alone, it's going to be a tough battle.

A plan helps you shape a life without alcohol and may require a change in who you hang out with and where you go. Otherwise, you are going to "white knuckle" it, which may lead to relapse.

Henry Ford said, "If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got."

Also, there's a saying, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

There's a ton of info on Recovery plans here!
Where would you recommend I start with a plan? I have no idea where to begin
Old 02-18-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
J50

Where would you recommend I start with a plan? I have no idea where to begin
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

Last edited by Dee74; 02-18-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

At the moment don’t look back just stay in the moment. Forgive yourself and allow yourself to be at peace, rest and then move forward. X
Old 02-18-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

The link a couple of posts above is a great start on recovery action plans Jess

D