Notices

Ok 2018, Knock it off!

Old 02-17-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ok 2018, Knock it off!

We started off the new year with an aunt's funeral. A freak accident almost a month ago led to several tense weeks in intensive care for my FIL before God called him home. This also cost about 10k in lost wages, flights, hotels, rental cars.. plus the emotional toll on the family.
We are in the process of selling our home. Tomorrow is the house inspection. Today one of my dogs went through a plate glass window. The dog is fine, I am not happy with it, but fine otherwise. (Neighbour dog got loose and came visiting, my dogs are stressed from what has been going on. Perfect storm.) They just graduated out of their crates too. Graduation has been revoked. They are also moving into the barn tomorrow while I am gone.No more breaking stuff.
DH and DS flight is delayed tonight.
I just want everything not to be a test, like for the rest of the year! It has been enough crappy stuff, the rest of the year better get a whole lot better.

However, despite all the crap, I have not really thought about drinking! I know it will just make things worse. I am planning for when things are good though. I am sure that will happen this year. (Sarcasm) sitting by the lake on a hot summer day, lunching on a city patio. I know to guard my quit more than ever then.

Sorry for the novel. I am quite long winded and just killing time until dh gets home. He has been a rock through everything with his dad, but I talked to him on his layover and he is starting to crack, he is lost. I just want him home with me, Turkey bacon for breakfast and hugs and cuddles and long talks.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Seriously..look at ALL that BS and just think how magnified it'd be if you were still drinking.. Yikes! I've found it so much easier to handle life with a clear mind/body that I never want to be drunk/stoned again. Much rather have my 'wits' about me at all times these days in all scenarios.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, what a rough time. I'm sorry. At least you are focusing on some positive things. And at least you have dogs! I'm sure they're sorry!
Old 02-17-2018, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss and the tough time recently. You seem to be handling it great - just remember we're here for support

D
Old 02-17-2018, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 02-18-2018, 12:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry you are being tested, but see how strong you are.

My partner and I have had a tough 2018 as well, he had a serious skiing accident, knee surgery etc, and I also have been ill etc etc.

Nothing like what you are going through, but it sometimes seems like could someone give me a break, and then someone does.

Just keep doing the next right thing as you have and its all going to be ok.

Thinking of you.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
And at least you have dogs! I'm sure they're sorry!
Not so sure about that, lol they are incorrigible.

I know everyone gets tested and it never rains but pours and a bunch of other cliches.

Next week this time everything will be sorted in terms of our house, new and old. Plus I will have 125 days sober then. Just thinking about that, gives me peace.

But seriously 2018, go pound salt

I hope everyone has a beautiful, sober Sunday.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just want everything not to be a test, like for the rest of the year! It has been enough crappy stuff, the rest of the year better get a whole lot better.

something you could do is change your perception.
i reads a lot more like life on lifes terms happening and not tests.

i dont think anyone promises sunshine, daisies, and sparkle farting unicorns when we stop drinking.
but we do hear quite a bit about being able to learn how to live life on lifes terms.