Notices

I have some bad news

Old 02-17-2018, 06:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jeff, I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Prayers & thoughts with you Thomas. So glad you posted
Old 02-17-2018, 07:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I’m really sorry to hear that Jeff but I do appreciate you sharing your experiences.

All the best with any future treatment.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear you face this health challenge, Jeff. Sending kind thoughts to you as you work through this.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers sent your system Jeff
Old 02-17-2018, 08:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You will be at the top of my prayer list tonight, Jeff.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Jeff,

I am so sorry you have this worry about your health. I pray that maybe it will be more manageable than you think at this point. Sometimes diagnoses can be off the mark the first time around. Try not to worry too much. Often these things can work out better than we imagine at first. Who knows what kind of treatment regimens may come along, and a positive attitude will do you well in every case.

You have been such a strong, steadfast support to so many here.. we want to be here for you too.

You aren't alone.. I drank damagingly and excessively in my late 40s into 50s and now have several potentially very serious health problems that I would not be a bit surprised were precipitated by drinking so much. But all I can do now is move ahead, continuing to live well and embracing this healthier more meaningful life.

It sounds like you've created a wonderful one for yourself, and I have seen the positive impact you've had on so many people here.

I know it's a blow. I pray you can find some peace of mind and optimism about it. We are thinking of you and here for you. Take care of yourself and try to be positive!

All the best.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

What Tealily said.

You are a wonderful part of this place,

Thank you.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I’m very sorry to hear this. The human body can be amazingly resilient and medical science is such an ever changing field. Best of luck to you.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm glad you shared that with us, Jeff. Obviously I will join in with the others wishing you well with your health. But to that I'll add that very few people have their lives go exactly as they'd hoped. Certainly I have some circumstances that I wish were different but I have to play the hand I was dealt like we all do. That said, there's a kind of freedom in looking at the truth and not turning away. It looks like that's what you're doing and I think it's for the best.

Well, I'm always the optimist! So for starters you've already taken the first step towards saving your life- you stopped drinking. So at least you're not making it worse. So long as you take care of yourself and follow doctor's advice you give yourself every chance! As Scott points out, medical science continues to advance so it seems like you'll have options.

Hang in there!
Old 02-18-2018, 03:30 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Jeff your one of the most positive people I know on this forum . With your positive attitude and the best of care that is available today i'm sure you will go into old age just fine .

Thomas
Old 02-18-2018, 03:30 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Sending support to you Jeff, sorry to hear that.