Notices

The past ...I don't live there anymore ..

Old 02-17-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The past ...I don't live there anymore ..

55 days have gone by since my last drink
I feel great totally ....
I feel like a child again
Like I want to walk along the beach ..
Drink in all that sea air ..pardon the pun 🤣
Dance in the rain ...Fully dressed of course👍
All those simple things that we take for granted like the birds singing ...A few months ago even that would get on my nerves as they were knocking into my hangover ....
I feel alive for the first time in years
Do I miss it ???
No and yes ..
I miss the thought of having a holiday without my favourite poison of Sav Blanc..
I miss the thought of summer evenings sitting out my back with a cold glass of white wine
I'm early days but I take one day at a time because time is plenty when your healthy and free ....
I'm hoping these feelings flit out as I'm sure they will ....in time
But for now I'm more content than I've ever been
Goodbye happy hour
Hello to Happy ever after ❤️
Old 02-17-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Cara,

At your number of days clean I was still struggling w major physical and mental issues.

The reason was I had relapsed enough times, after prolonged abstinence, that kindling and paws had taken a healthy toll.

Now a day's, I do pretty well but i feel like my body balance is still adjusting.

I just stopped taking liptor for cholesterol. It seemed to be turning me into zombie. I was waking after 10 hours in bed still feeling tired. I almost fell asleep at a red light. I hated it.

I am about 90 hours from my last dose and it reminds me of my booze detox days. I feel a wobbly. But, I got this.

Stay clean, it gets better. Drink, it gets worse.

Thanks.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Dang Cara! I think you're channeling Walt Whitman there.

Good for you!

Keep rocking that freedom.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I’m only on day 6 and still struggling. Reading things like this gives me motivation, thanks for posting.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice one caralara, f**kin’ love posts like that.
You don’t miss that junk, don’t believe the hype
Old 02-17-2018, 12:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caralara144 View Post
Goodbye happy hour
Hello to Happy ever after
I love this line! Congrats on 55 days.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

great post - congratulations caralara

D
Old 02-17-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

55 days is great.

Great and poetic post.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's interesting that you say you feel like a child again. I've had feelings like that myself. I've also read others say something similar.

It's a very pure feeling. But also the remembrance of purity.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Cara,

At your number of days clean I was still struggling w major physical and mental issues.

The reason was I had relapsed enough times, after prolonged abstinence, that kindling and paws had taken a healthy toll.

Now a day's, I do pretty well but i feel like my body balance is still adjusting.

I just stopped taking liptor for cholesterol. It seemed to be turning me into zombie. I was waking after 10 hours in bed still feeling tired. I almost fell asleep at a red light. I hated it.

I am about 90 hours from my last dose and it reminds me of my booze detox days. I feel a wobbly. But, I got this.
Thanks.
Would you expand on your experience. Especially the Lipitor. I take lipitor and have some of the symptoms you have! I've also relapsed many times.

I'm not asking for medical advice. I just would like to know more about your personal experience! Thanks!!!
Old 02-17-2018, 07:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Love reading this, thank you!!
Old 02-18-2018, 06:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Would you expand on your experience. Especially the Lipitor. I take lipitor and have some of the symptoms you have! I've also relapsed many times.

I'm not asking for medical advice. I just would like to know more about your personal experience! Thanks!!!

Ime...I took lipitor it for about 2 months. I was beginning to slur my words a bit sometimes and feel extremely tired. I was going to bed sometimes at 730 pm and getting up around 730 am. I was also starting to feel numbness in my hands and face.

I haven't had any booze since 28 Aug, 1 tablespoon. Lipitor is for non drinkers. They have other stuff for drinkers.

I Googled it and it said those were bad side effects. I stopped and called my Dr. He said stop taking it. I flushed the rest down the spitoon.

I haven't had any since the 12th and I feel normal again. I played golf today, first time in months. I did fine.

I also take 10 MG of Lisonpril for high bp. That seems to not mess me up that I can tell.

I figure my liver or kidneys are weak from all the booze I flushed through them for 40 years.

Anyway....

My cholesterol was borderline high. I wasnt being careful really about high cholesterol foods at the time anyway. If it goes up again, I will try something else.

I don't want to be an old zombie. I see folks sometimes and i swear they are out of it. I am positivie it is rx meds....slowly poisoning them.

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks D122y. I have brain fog that I've been blaming on beer. Could be the combo of lipitor and beer. I've only had one relapse of a few days since last September though and the brain fog is still here.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i'm on day 23 and i had that exact thought today, i was out shopping last night and today with a friend and i was just being a goof and laughing over the dumbest things. I felt like a kid again. Not sure what is going on but i think getting the booze out of my system and out of my thoughts is just a more positive place to be.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Thanks D122y. I have brain fog that I've been blaming on beer. Could be the combo of lipitor and beer. I've only had one relapse of a few days since last September though and the brain fog is still here.
It took well over a year for me to start to see big changes in my mental state.

The improvements were minor, but noticeable. These days, all brain fog is gone. I am no longer paranoid. I still obsess, but I figure everyone does to some extent. Any conscientious person is going to fret about things.

I am coming up on 3 years, minus my 2 shots, clean. I don't believe those 2 shots caused any substantial kindling.

As any typical addict, as I feel better and better the first thing I want to do is drink again.

That feeling comes and goes. I am educated now and will never drink again. I suffer through the urges with a brave face. When I wake up each day still booze free, I am very proud.

My new clearer mind has allowed me to face many issues I had coward from in the past. I am getting ready to talk to my boss about an issue at work. It is something I would never have done when I was a drunk. I was too embarrassed and fearful.

Thanks.