Notices

1 week done! The next milestone is 1 month.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 week done! The next milestone is 1 month.

In a few hours it will officially be 1 week since I touched alcohol. I'm proud of myself for getting this far and sticking to sobriety.

I've not had many issues aside from anger. I don't think about alcohol at all and I've not had any nagging cravings. The devil in me is saying "Hey, you didn't have an alcohol problem afterall so you can continue to drink". But my brain is saying "You drank daily for almost 16 years, you have a problem mate".

It's crazy how I skipped the nasty withdrawal side effects. I had/have agitation and mood swings but that's about it.

One thing that has really helped is exercise. I have a weight bench and equipment at home and I've been hitting the weights very hard this week to release anger. My muscles are in so much pain today lol, but I love it. I'm doing a 5x5 strength routine to increase strength and muscle. I've got 6 more weeks of this routine to keep me occupied.

Also drinking lots of water. I have never drank so much water in my life. I pee constantly. But my body is hydrated and it makes me feel good. I believe water helps with the withdrawal.

The only thing that hasn't improved is my ache. It's actually got worse. I have terrible cystic back acne that I assumed was a hormone imbalance related to drinking but I've had it worse this week than ever before so not sure what's going on there.

But here I am. 1 week in. Doing great! I would like to thank everyone on this forum for their support.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 16YearsDrunk View Post
In a few hours it will officially be 1 week since I touched alcohol. I'm proud of myself for getting this far and sticking to sobriety.

I've not had many issues aside from anger. I don't think about alcohol at all and I've not had any nagging cravings. The devil in me is saying "Hey, you didn't have an alcohol problem afterall so you can continue to drink". But my brain is saying "You drank daily for almost 16 years, you have a problem mate".

It's crazy how I skipped the nasty withdrawal side effects. I had/have agitation and mood swings but that's about it.

One thing that has really helped is exercise. I have a weight bench and equipment at home and I've been hitting the weights very hard this week to release anger. My muscles are in so much pain today lol, but I love it. I'm doing a 5x5 strength routine to increase strength and muscle. I've got 6 more weeks of this routine to keep me occupied.

Also drinking lots of water. I have never drank so much water in my life. I pee constantly. But my body is hydrated and it makes me feel good. I believe water helps with the withdrawal.

The only thing that hasn't improved is my ache. It's actually got worse. I have terrible cystic back acne that I assumed was a hormone imbalance related to drinking but I've had it worse this week than ever before so not sure what's going on there.

But here I am. 1 week in. Doing great! I would like to thank everyone on this forum for their support.
Congratulations on 1 week 16yd. Thats the hard bit done.....keep it up mate!
Old 02-15-2018, 01:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good effort youth
Old 02-15-2018, 01:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good going. Keep it up.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done 16yd

That should be the most volatile bit done.
Things will get steadier from here.👍
Old 02-15-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on week one. I am nearing one month and about week 2-3 I had more breakouts than normal. I assume it’s still poison leaving my body. I also had a terribly phlegm-y cough week one. Someone told me the body detoxes through skin, lungs, liver. I don’t know if that’s true - just sharing my experience. Keep going, you’re doing great.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Bam! A week is awesome!
Old 02-15-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats! I found exercise to be a key part of my recovery. Keep on trudging down the road of happy destiny! The days add up quick..
Old 02-15-2018, 09:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good job! The increase in acne is most likely related to the body detoxing. Its common, and actually a good sign!
Old 02-15-2018, 10:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Rar

You're doing great. I was so happy when the first week was over. I have a sobriety counter on my phone. I got virtual chips at 1, 2, 3, and 4 weeks and another chip at one month. My next chip will be 2 months. It's pretty neat to have chips, even virtual ones.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well Done mate you worked hard for it and you deserve it keep up the good work.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nice work 16!

I've run the 5x5 plan before and loved it. Definitely a mass/strength gainer.

Keep us updated.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

nice work16

D
Old 02-15-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're so proud of you, 16. We know how difficult those early days are.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Me too! Finishing day i. FEeling agitated but not really craving yet. I'm building up my fortress for when they hit. AA, prayer, food and water, sleep, this site.... Happy for you!
Old 02-15-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You've started with many positive steps, now keep the momentum going!
Old 02-15-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Amazing! Great job