Notices

Sober sleep - day 8

Old 02-14-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober sleep - day 8

Wowza. I'm only on my 8th day today but man has sleep come back for me. I work a high stress, long hour job that, when I was boozing, would cause me to wake up at 2/3am and be up for hours in a state of panic and stress, scenes of professional embarassment and wreckage playing across my mind.

Last 2 nights have been bottomless, heavy sleeps. So much that I missed getting to an early meeting/gym session I was planning.

Not that I'm complaining. But will be up earlier tomorrow.

Here's to good, old fashioned, so valuable, deep sober sleep.

Day 8.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Wowza. I'm only on my 8th day today but man has sleep come back for me. I work a high stress, long hour job that, when I was boozing, would cause me to wake up at 2/3am and be up for hours in a state of panic and stress, scenes of professional embarassment and wreckage playing across my mind.

Last 2 nights have been bottomless, heavy sleeps. So much that I missed getting to an early meeting/gym session I was planning.

Not that I'm complaining. But will be up earlier tomorrow.

Here's to good, old fashioned, so valuable, deep sober sleep.

Day 8.
It really is one of the best things about sobriety for me.....proper sleep. In the first 3/4 days I was up nearly all night, but now, day 16 I am sleeping soundly right through. Makes you feel so much better and alive the next day too.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is one of the best benefits! Such a simple pleasure: Crawling into bed feeling GOOD, falling asleep NATURALLY, the way we are supposed to, and waking up HEALTHY, refreshed and stronger. So happy you are already feeling the benefits. It just gets even better.

When I was drinking I too would always wake up about 4 hours after I had "passed out", which I learned is a predictable, physical, biological reaction to the alcohol, along with the panic and anxiety. I'd finally go back to sleep but then have to drag myself out early to get the kids off to school, afraid I was reeking of alcohol, stumbling through the morning, bleary eyed and puffy and miserable.

Who needs that? Who wants to live that way?

Whenever I imagine I might want "a glass of wine", I remember that it would absolutely inevitably turn in to an entire bottle, no doubt drunk alone, surreptitiously, passing out in effect afterward, and waking up sick and weak, with shame and regret. It would NOT be a romanticized "one glass of wine".

Thank you for sharing and being here. Keep up the great work! Can't wait to follow your progress.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rar

Good for you! Awesome, but I'm so jealous. Day 36 and I'm still not sleeping.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes!!! Sober sleep is the BEST
Old 02-14-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Good for you! Awesome, but I'm so jealous. Day 36 and I'm still not sleeping.
Really hope you start sleeping better soon Rar, I'm 3weeks in now and I've been sleeping like a log the last few nights. ... good luck
Old 02-14-2018, 06:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great to hear LG, keep going!
Old 02-14-2018, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone - Rar - I hope sleep comes for you soon. I spent so many days awake drunk that I think my body is just catching up. Who knows.

Ate way too much pizza today. But that's aight. I'm going to bed sober. Waking up sober.

Here's to all that.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go less

D