Notices

New here and looking for support

Old 02-14-2018, 01:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post New here and looking for support

Hi all. I'm new here and have a problem with alcohol. I'm trying to get rid of this addiction for some time but it is really difficult for me. I am looking for a support from the others as I realized I'm too weak to go through all of this just by myself.

I failed many times in quitting with alcohol and each time I am really angry and hate myself for that... I was never strong enough to do so. I am not every day drinker but have maybe bottle of wine (sometimes even more) at least 3-4 times a week.

Many times I said to myself that I will just have a glass of wine or two but always ending up with drinking whole bottle...and the next day I hate myself for that and I am in a deep depression. That's how it works last 2 and half years with me. (since I moved out from my home country)

I believe to find more willpower this time.

Last edited by Emily91; 02-14-2018 at 01:43 AM. Reason: policy
Old 02-14-2018, 02:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi welcome, keep posting here, lots of help and support, we have all been there on this spiral good luck
Old 02-14-2018, 02:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Emily,

Welcome, it’s great to have you here, thanks for posting. Try not to be too hard on yourself, all of us here understand. The people here are friendly and supportive and joining us is a great first step towards sobriety.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome emily

for me willpower didn't work that well cos pat of my will wanted to drink.

Accepting I was an alcoholic and accepting the toxic relationship I have with alcohol worked a lot better and helped me work out an action plan thats helps kept me sober for several years now

this link explains a little more what I mean about action plan s

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D
Old 02-14-2018, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Emily. Welcome to the SR. Dee posted a link to finding yourself a plan to remain alcohol free. Most of us learned that just "white knuckling" doesn't work, at least not well or for very long. We need to learn what to do and how to cope when the craving or desire to drink hits. SR is part of my plan. I spend lots of time on here reading. There is a wealth of information in these threads and you will likely see yourself in many of them. I also post when I find myself in the kind of trouble that could lead to drinking. SR has saved me many times. Please read and post often. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.