Notices

17 days and counting

Old 02-10-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

17 days and counting

Hello, today makes 17 days that I have not had a drink. I now wake up each morning with a clear conscience. I used to wake up and the 1st thought was, Did I drink last night? Followed by either a sigh of relief, or a 10 minute barrage of self hating thoughts, and soul crushing guilt, followed by a promise to not drink again tonight, 24 hours later...hit the repeat button.
It has probably been 10 years since I went 17 days with out alcohol. I am that functioning alcoholic, that everyone tries to to talk out of believing she is an alcoholic...really people??? If I have the guts to say it out loud, then believe me, its true.
I am ready to part ways with 1 of my best friends for at least 22 years...Good Riddance alcohol, my life is better without you, you tricked me into believing otherwise for so long..but I finally see the Truth😍
Old 02-10-2018, 04:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR! Congrats on 17 days!
Old 02-10-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Chatbrat - congrats on 17 Days
D
Old 02-10-2018, 04:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Chat,

Now as clean as I am, time seems to be speeding up again. I push myself hard and finish each day so ready to get to bed.

At first it slowed down, I seemed to have way more time. But now, I run out of energy and need to get in bed.

Work, work out, chores, eat, sleep. Repeat. I wake up in the am and wonder how I managed to be a drunk for 30 plus years.

Now that I am over a big part of the addiction, drinking booze seems like such a huge life anchor.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Chat,

Now as clean as I am, time seems to be speeding up again. I push myself hard and finish each day so ready to get to bed.

At first it slowed down, I seemed to have way more time. But now, I run out of energy and need to get in bed.

Work, work out, chores, eat, sleep. Repeat. I wake up in the am and wonder how I managed to be a drunk for 30 plus years.

Now that I am over a big part of the addiction, drinking booze seems like such a huge life anchor.
1 of the reasons that finally made me see the truth, was that most days I spent a ridiculous amount of time thinking about alcohol..if I would have some, when I would, what would I drink, did I need to stop to get more, did I also need to stop to get mixers...and so on..
I was exhausted spending so much time planning my drinking. And all the time just to wake up hating myself...I realized for the 1st time, that drinking just wasn't fun anymore. Now I spend my time being productive (and sometimes very lazy) but NOT running to the liquor cabinet and topping off my half gone drink, because the fear of it being empty was all consuming.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to have you with us, Chatbrat. The encouragement you'll find here will really help.

I don't know why it was so hard for me to let go. Long after I knew it was no longer fun, I kept clinging to it. In the end, I never knew where it would take me - so much wasted time and misery. I'm glad we've left that mess behind.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome chatbrat! Congrats on 17 days.