Notices

Neighbour Moving.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Neighbour Moving.

My neighbour is moving in 2 weeks as his wife has a new job. And I am both relieved and saddened. I was crying since Christmas Eve but that has passed now. I am still drinking and been told I have to stop or I will die. My brand new car now has a dent in it which I am so ashamed of. Please no bullies to answer and just upset me more. You don't get the effect your words have. Thankyou to all who posted with long-term sobriety.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
My neighbour is moving in 2 weeks as his wife has a new job. And I am both relieved and saddened. I was crying since Christmas Eve but that has passed now. I am still drinking and been told I have to stop or I will die. My brand new car now has a dent in it which I am so ashamed of. Please no bullies to answer and just upset me more. You don't get the effect your words have. Thankyou to all who posted with long-term sobriety.
God does grant miracles! Sweeti, I ONLY see good coming from this. That neighbor is a snake and no good for you. You CAN get better. I just did rehab. I'm only at 36 days sober but feel so much better. I told you I'd be your friend through this and I still stand by it. Don't be ashamed, be proactive. Get to a meeting, I believe in you!
Old 02-09-2018, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

Everything happens for a reason Sweeti...look at this as your reason to get sober for yourself and no longer feel this pain and anxiety that is only made worse by addiction. We are here to support you.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey babe cake. I wondered the same myself. I have recommitted my life to God a couple of weeks ago . Thanks so much for your support. Will Pm you when I feel a bit better.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey babe cake. I wondered the same myself. I have recommitted my life to God a couple of weeks ago . Thanks so much for your support. Will Pm you when I feel a bit better.
Glad to hear it. I looked back at your posts. I sure missed a lot. I'm so glad you're in a better place now. Keep it up. I have faith in you!
Old 02-09-2018, 08:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Babe. It means a lot.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope this can be the start of a great new chapter for you sweetichick

D
Old 02-09-2018, 09:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am still drinking and been told I have to stop or I will die.
The choice is yours, please make the right one.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

sweetiechick, please don't take this the wrong way. But in the past, when I was drinking and having alsorts of trouble, I used another recovery site, but I only used it for comfort . I wasn't really serious about giving up drinking, I just wanted people to make me feel better. In a way, it HELPED me to keep drinking because I had sympathetic people backing me up when I was getting into trouble with my drinking. I also used to post "no negative posters reply please"
I'm not saying that is what you do, just something to make sure you don't do, because it does no favours in the long run
Old 02-10-2018, 01:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Mr

I hope you get better.
I don't think it's ever too late.

I also hope you will be careful with your car.

Take care.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandypandy View Post
sweetiechick, please don't take this the wrong way. But in the past, when I was drinking and having alsorts of trouble, I used another recovery site, but I only used it for comfort . I wasn't really serious about giving up drinking, I just wanted people to make me feel better. In a way, it HELPED me to keep drinking because I had sympathetic people backing me up when I was getting into trouble with my drinking. I also used to post "no negative posters reply please"
I'm not saying that is what you do, just something to make sure you don't do, because it does no favours in the long run
I only wrote that because I felt like I was being bullied on here and it helped lead me to a suicide attempt. I haven't mentioned this before about the suicide. I was dead for a few minutes kept alive by a ventilator.. That's why I stay off here now. I just wanted to give an update on my neighbour. That's why I said no negative posters. I appreciate your point though. Sometimes it's just what we don't want to hear. I have bipolar so of course that was a nother factor in the suicide. It's been five years though since I have done it. I am not blaming this site it was more my neighbour.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ok sweetiechick fair enough, I'm sorry if I spoke out of turn, I don't know you, of course, just didn't want you to fall into the trap I did, is all
Old 02-10-2018, 06:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Sweetichick, I'm glad to hear this news even though I know it's partially painful to you too. I hope you deal with your feelings my taking care of yourself the sober way! There are great things coming for you in your future, if you just stay sober and open to them. You really can do this, and everything is going to be OK even though I know that can seem far away. (((hugs))))
Old 02-10-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sweeti, so glad to hear from you. I hope you realize how many people here are rooting FOR you; I guess sometimes things sound a little,harsh, but I do believe they are always well intentioned.

Please DO NOT beat yourself up about the car; it will only make you feel worse. With your neighbor moving away, maybe you can begin to focus more on your recovery. I stopped drinking a year and a half ago and even tho I have my health problems, I'd rather have them than still be drunk every day and too sick to get out of bed. Ugh, what a mess it was.

If I could stop, I telling you, Sweeti, ANY body can. Please take care of yourself. I do remember you and all those suffering from the evils of alcoholism on this forum, in my prayers. We are all in the same boat.

Praying you can stay sober today!!!!!
Old 02-10-2018, 04:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I';m sorry to hear you were so low 5 years ago and had such a close call sweetichick. You seem a lot stronger to me nowadays, but do take note of this link if you feel like you might need it

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ease-read.html

As far as SR goes, this is a public forum and as such you can't really dictate what kind of response you'd like - as long as it is within the rules, it can be posted.

I understand there's approaches you don't like - if you want to you can use the ignore function for those posts.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
D
Old 02-11-2018, 05:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I think neighbor leaving is great news SC--sending you support and hope.

You can beat this thing. Do it one small step at a time.

What about getting your paychecks directly put in your bank account?
That's what I do and I get all my bills taken out directly.

It would remove that temptation to stop at the bottle shop, and make things
a bit easier