Notices

You know you're an alcoholic when..

Old 02-10-2018, 04:41 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

..when you accidentally spill vodka, and consider that alcohol abuse....
Old 02-10-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Last June, got off work @ 1pm. Passed out drunk by 5pm. Woke up at 7pm and thought it was 7am THE NEXT MORNING. Got in car to rush to 7:30 tee time. Got half way there before I realized what I was doing.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:40 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

....when you get up to get beer from the fridge and take two instead of one, because you know youŽd be through the first one in minutes and too lazy to get up again.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottT View Post
Last June, got off work @ 1pm. Passed out drunk by 5pm. Woke up at 7pm and thought it was 7am THE NEXT MORNING. Got in car to rush to 7:30 tee time. Got half way there before I realized what I was doing.
Ive done this in the long summer days, passed out woke up at 8pm and thought it was 8am, it's awful!
Old 02-11-2018, 12:58 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
I watched all of the Sopranos box set drunk. It was a great pleasure to watch it sober. It was like I had never seen it before.
Having my spouse say: "We've already watched these episodes" and having no memory of it.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I have printed this thread as it made me laugh so much! if I ever doubt that I am an alcoholic, I can read it and remind myself of just how many of these things I've done myself.
Oh the shame!
One I can add to the list is drunk texting and social media posts and being reminded by people the following morning, about exactly what I said.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Convincing a hotel bar to sell me a bottle of wine to take back to the room "because I'd just gotten engaged, and we wanted to celebrate." (I was single at the time and traveling alone).

Inadvertently skipping a long taxi queue and being so sloshed that it took several minutes of the driver and several people in line yelling at me to understand what I had done.

Drinking a roommate's entire set of special edition minis while he was out of town and having to go to three stores to find a replacement before he got back.

The list goes on and on, and I was not a particularly public or unruly drunk. I should mention, all three of these happened over ten years ago. For the longest time the lesson I took from such incidents was to just be more cautious when drinking around other people or in public, and to avoid social media, etc. - basically, drink in complete isolation, and you'll be fine. What a delusional joke.

It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one with such stories!
Old 02-11-2018, 08:14 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
Now the having a beer in the shower while I got ready to go out on any given night.. That one still makes me laugh.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

How about being at a resort and going to use the bathroom (I was naked) and walking outside by mistake. My partner was also intoxicated and asleep, and didn't hear me banging on the door.

Fortunately #1 -it was 3 a.m. with very few cars driving around. I had to crouch between two cars and hide until the people got to their rooms,

Fortunately #2 - we had a ground floor unit and I was able to climb over the railing and

Fortunately #3 - the sliding glass door was unlatched.

Not one of my finer moments
Old 02-11-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

one of my shameful so-called-tricks - I used to keep my vodka in the freezer but stopped because I'd add water to what was left so it didn't appear I'd consumed as much as I did. As everyone probably knows, vodka doesn't freeze....

These posts actually help me know I'm not alone in my self loathing behaviors. Thanks for keeping it Real.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:52 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Finishing work early to put a session in and trying to sleep it off in the van before stupidly driving home to face the music. And then putting another session in after the argument over it.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hey guy from the north, I never used to leave the fridge!
I tell a lie, I did but only to go get more booze from the shop.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forward12 View Post
When you come to SR.
Sounds about right