Notices

Wow, my anger is terrible. Is this normal?

Old 02-08-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The alcohol has probably been covering up a lot of buried emotions. Great you are seeing doctor. I can only say for myself and not proposing you need medication but I did to help with the underlying depression and anxiety I was covering up with alcohol. I would go into uncontrollable rage when I felt pushed into a corner or overwhelmed. My doctor helped me a lot!! Good luck. Remember to take a deep breathe and go silent before reacting. Rage never helps and usually makes relationships so much worse.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I agree the alcohol may have been "masking" some of your emotions. When I was in early sober days I was a nutcase. (not that I'm not now, haha).
Old 02-08-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
DOS: 08-16-2012

In AA they call it Restless, Irritable, and Discontent. I didn't get the concept while I was living it but after following the program and working my 4th and 5th steps my mind stopped running and I was able to see things more clearly. Now I very clearly see how I was certainly restless, irritable and discontent when I was not working a program but just trying to fix myself on my own.

I highly recommend attending AA and working the steps so you can have a better life for yourself!
Old 02-08-2018, 06:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The fact that you even acknowledge this and put this out there admitting, acknowledging and questioning your actions alone is what impresses me and is HUGE. The alcoholic I love still just blames me (and everyone else). Wish the best for you.