Notices

what positive changes have you noticed in recovery?

Old 02-07-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Where do I start? What hasn't improved?

My health. I was way sicker than I let myself believe when I quit. I was fat and bloated, that's gone. I had constant tinnitus to the point that I thought I was actually going deaf, that's gone. I had terrible joint degeneration, my knees were a mess, some of that is for life but it has significantly improved. I had really bad allergies and was taking pills for it all day every day, my allergies are totally gone. It was all from drinking.

My mental health is also much improved. My whole disposition is much more open and sunny. By the end I was depressed and morose. Even on my worst days I don't feel that way. My mind used to be a dark place to live in, not anymore though. I laugh and joke around all the time these days. I'm confident and relaxed, not all anxious and jittery from drinking too much.

My relationships with my children are much closer and I've tried hard to regain their trust and respect. Not all my relationships have made it though, I've lost a few over my decision to put down the drink. And most of them have changed, some in good ways, but not all. C'est la vie though.

Work has been going much better. Amazing how much more productive I am now that I'm not dragging myself around with debilitating hangovers!

I have new interests and hobbies.

Sex is better! For awhile my libido dropped after quitting, but it's back, and in a major way! Lol

If anyone is reading this and is on the fence about giving up drinking, take it from me, it was the best thing I've ever done for myself. The first few months were hard, but it got easier, today I almost never think about drinking or not drinking. I'm too busy living my life without that poison and misery.

I'm never going back to living that way!