Notices

Day 34 and feeling a bit morose

Old 02-03-2018, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 34 and feeling a bit morose

Im pleased to say today is day 34 , im not pleased to say that my sleep still hasnt sorted itself out. Ive told the people I need to tell that after completing dry January im having a few more weeks off and then will see what I want to do. Im hoping it might help friends and acquaintances think about their own drinking and fitness. ive still got a fair bit of weight to lose - at least 10kg for a start, however I can see my body and face shape already changing.
I havent been to the pub for about 10 days which is something of a record for me but met someone earlier for an hour and a half, ( how I used to sit in the pub for 5,6,7 even 8 hours drinking I will never know) and it struck me just what a toxic place it was, and how many people I know become toxic, boring, self- opinionated and rather annoying when theyve been drinking. In some ways I understand how i have never fully achieved in life when I surround myself with these type of people, ( or is that one of my many not my fault but your fault statements?)
Anyhow onwards and upwards and now as its 4am im going ro try to count sheep again- night night
Old 02-04-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope you managed to get some sleep, Jtmlk.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job on 34 days Jtmlk 👍
Old 02-04-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done on 34 days Jt.

It sounds like you quit around the same time as me, I am 1 month and 3 days sober (tonight will be 1 month and 4 days). And like you, I had trouble sleeping when I first quit drinking. It still doesn't come easy but when it does its a better nights sleep than when I was drinking.

There is no magic formula apart from the obvious like exercise and fresh air. For me, what works is a routine and calm mind leading up to bedtime. Not easy but possible. Be mindful if you can, mindful of living in the present. No looking back or forward too far. I also now look forward to teas like chamomile in the evenings (something that would have made me literally laugh out loud just a few months ago) and make sure I concentrate on calming thoughts and lighthearted TV or reading material. Everyone has their own little routines. Find a calming one that suits you. Good luck - You are doing great!
Old 02-04-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 30 days jtmlk - hope you get some sleep soon.

D
Old 02-04-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 40

Hi. I am on day 40 and still exhausted and not sleeping well also. I have noticed I am in a much better mood during and after a meeting. Hope you are resting and feeling better soon. Teia
Old 02-04-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replys- sleep still not quite right but onwards and upwards