Notices

Hate myself after I drink

Old 02-03-2018, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hate myself after I drink

Hi guys,
First time here. Am not a regular drinker, but am a shocking binge drinker...and when i do i get so down, I don’t remember most of my night and wake up with bruises. Although i’m apparently a good laugh and entertainment.. I don’t wanna do it need to stop. I gave up drinking for a number of years when I had my kids... as they are my world...still are but if we go to a concert without them like we did last night.... i can’t just have a few drinks... i turn into a complete write off and if I didn’t have someone to look after me there i would’ve ended up in a ditch! I’ve had enough.... advice?
Old 02-03-2018, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!! I think you will find a lot of support and experience in this forum, posting here was a great first step!! Looking forward to reading more from you and best wishes on your journey!!
Old 02-03-2018, 07:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard. For me finally identifying as an alcoholic had to deal with two things. Could I have just 1 drink? And, how did it make me feel the day after? Anxious,blackouts, guilty, sad, depressed, defeated, loss of ambition.... As much as want to be part of my normal drinking friends, I cannot.
My advise to you is read around here, make the commitment and a plan. If you are serious about quitting, you have to say it out loud. Make it real and own it.
People here are very supportive and full of great advise. Just get started.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Are you willing to stop?

If you are, what lengths are you willing to go to stop?
Old 02-03-2018, 10:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm the Same....just don't really like it anymore. but the sobriety Blows....real dull and just awful. not too mention the unique stuff with lower blood Sugar where you feel Ill and stuff, it's not cool.....
Old 02-03-2018, 10:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we really need to give sobriety a chance tho.

I drank for 20 years so a few weeks not drinking really wasn't a fair comparison for someone like me.

I found out that I needed to do more than just not drink if I wanted to be happy.

I signed up here, I had a counsellor to talk stuff through with, I faced my 'issues' head on, and I did some volunteering to make myself feel productive.

After a while I found I was happily sober

D