Notices

I may have overdosed on adderall please help

Old 02-03-2018, 03:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I may have overdosed on adderall please help

So it’s currently 5:40 am. I took two 30 mg adderall at 6pm last night and 2 at 10 to study. It was 120 mg total. I’m 5’5”, 133 lbs female. There is no where I can go so I’ve been drinking a ton of water and peeing a lot. I’ve definitely been having a panic attack for the last couple hours... the chest pain has gotten a little better, my breathing has gotten a little bit easier and my pulse is more level (it’s at like 108 beats per minute, so high but not like... horrible I guess I don’t really know) but I’m scared and don’t know what to do. I just want to know if I’m gonna die honestly. I just wanted to do well on my exams.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Naz

I moved your post here for more response.

I don't know anything about adderal - no experience at all I'm afraid.

If you're really worried and anxious why not go to the ER - they can look you over and make sure everything is OK?

D
Old 02-03-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Naz

I moved your post here for more response.

I don't know anything about adderal - no experience at all I'm afraid.

If you're really worried and anxious why not go to the ER - they can look you over and make sure everything is OK?

D
I can’t... I really ****** up and my parents would kill me... it’s been hours so I don’t think I’m in physical trouble but like I honestly have 0 idea. But I have no where I can go.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

If you feel you have taken too much of any drug you need to seek medical attention Naz. Call the poison control center of the ER and tell them what you have taken if nothing else. What your parents think is completely irrelevant at this point, your safety is far more important. It would be to them too.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
If you feel you have taken too much of any drug you need to seek medical attention Naz. Call the poison control center of the ER and tell them what you have taken if nothing else. What your parents think is completely irrelevant at this point, your safety is far more important. It would be to them too.
Okay... but do you think I’m gonna die? It’s been 13 hours since I took the first 60mg and 9 or 10 since the second dose of 60mg. I just want to know if I’ll live. I feel so silly asking that but I can’t find anything that says what a typical overdose would be and what amount would be fatal
Old 02-03-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Naz1999 View Post
So it’s currently 5:40 am. I took two 30 mg adderall at 6pm last night and 2 at 10 to study. It was 120 mg total. I’m 5’5”, 133 lbs female. There is no where I can go so I’ve been drinking a ton of water and peeing a lot. I’ve definitely been having a panic attack for the last couple hours... the chest pain has gotten a little better, my breathing has gotten a little bit easier and my pulse is more level (it’s at like 108 beats per minute, so high but not like... horrible I guess I don’t really know) but I’m scared and don’t know what to do. I just want to know if I’m gonna die honestly. I just wanted to do well on my exams.
So... I talked to someone and I could breath and my chest stopped hurting. I just had 4 hour panic attack. Literally never doing that again, I’ll take regular school suffering thanks
Old 02-03-2018, 07:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're ok Naz

D
Old 02-03-2018, 09:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Naz1999 View Post
So... I talked to someone and I could breath and my chest stopped hurting. I just had 4 hour panic attack. Literally never doing that again, I’ll take regular school suffering thanks
Good choice. Messing around with medications you are not prescribed is a bad idea, let alone the monster dose you took.
Stick to the tea and coffee if need be.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Naz,

I am glad you are ok and have found something you have learned from this experience.

Can I just say as a parent I understand your fears about telling them, but I bet your health and safety is their main priority. Please don’t let fear of consequences get in the way of your health.