Notices

I have to do this

Old 02-02-2018, 02:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have to do this

Hi all
I'm new here, but have lurked for a while and decided to join as it seems a great site for help and support. I hope you can help and I will do my best to support others.
Basically I have to get sober. In the past I have been hospitalised with drink and the bad DT's (really bad I mean) , then went sober for 3 months then relapsed. Just had another bad episode and had a few bad days coming off it again. I am now 4 days sober, feeling better but I have to stay off it this time or I dread to think of the consequences.
Thanks for listening and good luck to all!!
Old 02-02-2018, 02:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! I was pretty much in the same shape when I came here. It was very hard for a few weeks but I just took it a day at a time reading and posting here on different threads and not expecting too much of myself just staying clean. I have always checked in the morning on the 24 hour recovery connection thread to remind me of who I am and I can't drink. I think it has helped me a lot. Best wishes for you on your journey.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Very glad to have you join us footballmad

congrats on 4 days - you'll fined a lot of support and good ideas here

D
Old 02-02-2018, 03:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome footballmad! Keep posting. Lots of good, supportive people here.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for your welcome you 3. I know there are a lot of good people here. First step for me was actually registering, it felt like a first step if you like! Next one is to get through this weekend!
Old 02-02-2018, 03:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on four days! This is a great place, and we are here to support you.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Footballmad, 4 days sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations. I had to do it also and now I'm 7 years sober. Rootin for ya.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
Footballmad, 4 days sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations. I had to do it also and now I'm 7 years sober. Rootin for ya.
Thanks mate, 4 days doesnt sound much but it a start and have to start somewhere. I keep telling myself day 1 is the hardest, then day 2, then day 3 etc so each day is a bonus and the next will be easier.

7 years. Wow. Just wow. Thats amazing. Well done you. Total respect !!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome Footballmad. I think 4 days is pretty fantastic. They are difficult days and getting through them is certainly a hard earned accomplishment. Stay close to SR. You will find tons of fellowship, wisdom, compassion and support. If you are having a bad day or feeling a crave, please post!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome footballmad! Congrats on 4 (maybe 5 now) days. Stay strong this weekend, I know for me my plan is meetings, keeping busy, focused, and staying in here. Looking forward to seeing you around.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome, footballmad! You can definitely do this. Have you thought about joining the February class? Lots of great support from people who are at the same stage of sobriety as you are. GOOD LUCK!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Again thank you all, your welcome is heartwarming and giving me that little bit more determination. I will be sticking around and hope I can help others through this too. You are a genuinely good bunch (I have lurked a while ;-) )
Old 02-02-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR footballmad👋 and congrats on four days👍 This site has been really helpful in getting me sober. I read a lot on here and post when I can. I’ll have five months in a few days😊 Best of luck mate!
Old 03-09-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I f*cked up again. Got to 27 days then had a pint after a game of squash, then another then a bottle of wine which turned into a 3 day binge. Was too ashamed to post on here as I have let myself down yet again. Back on day 5. What a failure.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Rar

Glad you came back on Footballmad. I understand about the bad crave after a sports game. I have huge cravings after (and during) a round of golf. In fact, after a few holes, I start to think about it. It's getting better though. I'm really sorry it turned into a binge though. But, you can do this! You've done 29 days and that's a huge accomplishment. Don't be ashamed. Figure out what went wrong and devise an ironclad plan for your next game of squash. Many of us here have had a few starts and stops. Rooting for you.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of us falter a time or two.
I know I underestimated the task of remaining sober.

Think about what else you could add to your action plan this time.?
assuming you have an action plan to add too

If not:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)