Notices

SuperBowl Sunday Plans

Old 02-02-2018, 12:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

SuperBowl Sunday Plans

So what are all my sober buddies doing for the big game? I was going to head to Philadelphia and watch it but my parents asked me to watch their dog because they are going to Ocean City, MD to look at some beach houses so I'm going to have a few close friends over and watch the game at my place.

I am getting beer for my guests but no drinking for me.. One of my favorite incentives to not drinking is actually football Sunday. Now I actually remember the games. Before when I used to drink I'd get so drunk during the games I wouldn't even remember what happen and 95% of the time I'd have to watch the game again the next day! Lol!
Old 02-02-2018, 02:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't really know what the superbowl is but watching it sober is the way to go, youth.
The Six Nations (30 rugby matches between England, Scotland, Wales, France, Italy, and Ireland) starts tomorrow and i will be watching those.
Dont even ask how those teams ended up in a competition together!!
Old 02-02-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'll be watching Puppy Bowl! 3pm on Animal Planet ~ much more exciting than football IMO
Old 02-02-2018, 03:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm with you Dangerzone. I'll be chilling at home with kids. It's nice to be able to watch the game for what it is. I was thinking about events like this and realized that they weren't really triggers for me anymore. I came to the conclusion that virtually every event was an excuse for me to get drunk. The Super Bowl was just one of many. If every "event" was a trigger, I'd be in a constant state of panic.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
I'll be watching Puppy Bowl! 3pm on Animal Planet ~ much more exciting than football IMO
atheletes that give 100% 100% of the time, play simply because they love the game, and put on an awesome show- my kind of bowl game!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
I think I’ll join you, sounds fun. After my 2:30 meeting that is. Have a great weekend.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Komplex View Post
I think I’ll join you, sounds fun. After my 2:30 meeting that is. Have a great weekend.
That does sound fun! Count me in too.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Puppy Bowl
Old 02-02-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Well I’m going to a superbowl party. Byob. I’ll take sparkling water. I’m going for the catered bbq and the company. No desire to drink while there!
Old 02-02-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'll go to an AA meeting at 7:00. I've lost interest in all of the Super Bowl hype over the years.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sober style

I'm deploying my famous 3-S system: Salty snacks, sweet snacks, and sodie pop! I go with Diet Dr. Pepper for the latter, will have a 12-pack on hand. Salt will be beef jerky, jalapeno kettle chips and jalapeno Cheetos, Sweet will be white chocolate KitKat minis and Oreos.

I enjoy the holiday feel of Super Bowl Sunday even though as a card-carrying eccentric/misanthrope I celebrate it alone, with only my trusty tv and internet for company.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

we will have a super bowl party at my house. there will be lots of beer but I will have club soda with lime on hand and lots of it. I didn't want to have a party this year but my sons do and will invite their friends. I'm 40 days sober.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Danger,

I was the same way, I didn't like football I just went as an accuse to drink, get wasted and then totally make a fool of myself. HA! No more

I live in Minnesota, so I am staying home all weekend. This town is going to be insanely busy, it has actually already started as of last weekend, there are a lot of activities going on this week but I am not one for big crowds, maybe I would attend the events if my son were older and had an interest in football but he is 2.5 and it would not really mean anything to him at this point.

I am a little nervous with the Eagles fans coming to town, as they have shown some really poor sportsmanship and I am just praying our town is not destroyed, win or lose...

I plan on having the game on in the background at home. Maybe make some junk food I normally wouldn't eat, an excuse to have crap/amazing food HA!
Old 02-02-2018, 07:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Some laundry and cleaning, maybe take a hike, then watch the game since it's the Eagles. I quit going to sb parties long ago, they've become the same as St Patrick's day parties, Cinco de Mayo parties and overall any excuse to drink parties. Not my style...
I do wish I had tevo or something so I could watch the game on delay and skip all the commercials and halftime foolery.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I took a knee with Kappy on the season so I have no other plans.

I was thinking about a hike but, it's supposed to rain. Probbly just housework.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DreamCatcher17 View Post
I am a little nervous with the Eagles fans coming to town, as they have shown some really poor sportsmanship and I am just praying our town is not destroyed, win or lose...
Don't want to get into a debate over this, but seriously?
Old 02-02-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Don't want to get into a debate over this, but seriously?
Yes, seriously. That is why I wrote it. I am very worried about my hometown being vandalized. It is a risk for any big event in any city.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I can't miss the game. instead of going to the alcohol,drug, and gambling infested parties that i would normally attend I will stay home and watch it in my safe zone. I expect it to be my first sober superbowl in around 40 yrs.

knowing the patriots will win as usual kinda takes the fun out of it tho. i'm not a dreamer.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'll watch the game alone, or with my father, as usual. I avoid "Super Bowl Parties" like the plague, not just because of boozing:

I really want to watch and follow the actual game....and good luck with that at a 'social event' where 80% of the people would rather just talk all afternoon and maybe watch the commercials.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:21 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I think I’ll take my kids to the zoo. I’d rather watch paint dry than the super bowl.