Notices

Weekender 1-5 February 2018

Old 02-02-2018, 07:47 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hello all - Cold and dark here in Vermont too - however still grateful for the weekend. I'm planning on rest as some health-related issues going on - maybe some Netflix exploration - possibly breaking out the crock pot and lots of hockey and football

Thanks for being here everyone!!!!!
Old 02-02-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone;
I'm in!

Just took puppy for a three mile hike in the very chilly teens (F) here.
Came home to bacon, sausage, organic eggs and I took some time to fry
up some tomatoes.

Fried tomatoes at breakfast is by far the best contribution you English have made to morning for me personally,
though Earl Grey tea is right up there as well

Well done trach and tetra--I'm very glad you have been vindicated by the boss
but not surprised. I know you hated the bed thing so glad you are free of it.

So now I'm watching the birds as I've put out extra feeders for the cold snap.
I have so many male Cardinals it looks like a Vatican conclave out there at the moment. . .
Old 02-02-2018, 08:16 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Happy Friday! Never mind the groundhog -- I predict there will be almost seven more weeks of winter.

Lately I have been occupied with my digital graphics hobby. Should keep the brain active -- instead of a learning curve it's more like a branching tree of learning in different related areas.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:28 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Ready for snow flakes, fireplace flames , engrossing books, kitty and hubby kisses and being present for every moment !!
Old 02-02-2018, 12:43 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I got behind.....I keep breaking/dislocating bones and I am all manner of all over the place at the moment. Sober is good though.

Off to catch up. ♥

(After I make a cup of Earl Gray that actually came from the UK because I can order it from there now ).

I have a cardinal couple...did I tell you? They come every day. Beautiful lovebirds.....well actually, I think Mrs Cardinal spends way too much time shopping and Mr Cardinal spends way too much time waiting for her to get back here in the afternoon....I call them Doris and Burt.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:47 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Hello, new to this group. Weekends are a high risk time for me, before I would drink from Friday afternoon until Sunday lunchtime. But this weekend will be different, I have planned activities. Good luck to everyone, stay strong.
Hello from me too. Here's to a wonderful sober weekend for all of us. ♥
Old 02-02-2018, 01:45 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi, new here too, new to SR in general. Just signed up yesterday, and I'm only on day 2. I guess this is just a "we will not drink this weekend group?" Im in.

I'm in California, and the weather is nice. While I'm not too into the whole super bowl thing, it is hard to avoid the commercials and displays in the stores, trying to lure us to drink and eat a bunch of junk. So it's still a hard weekend. But I have a plan. My kids are super into surfing and skateboarding, and since the waves are / will be nonexistent, we are going to hit up the local skateparks this weekend. There is one park they really like, but it gets super crowded, so we are going to get up super early and crack it, doable since I won't be hung over. On Sunday, we are going to skate some of the parks on the other side of town. Stay busy. Stay active. Occupy the mind with other matters. At night, I'll just do as I did last night (my night one): focus on how I want to be living and think about how I would feel in the morning if I drank.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Missed your post - congrats Trach

Welcome Muley

D
Old 02-02-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

A warm and sunny weekend on tap here in Arizona. I'll be outside most of the weekend, then throwing some goodies on the grill & watching the Super Bowl on Sunday afternoon. I want to focus on the game, but have no interest in the hours of pre-game hype or stupid halftime show, so I typically turn on the game right at kickoff, and do up the dishes at halftime.

Hope everyone has a great sober weekend!
Old 02-02-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hey. Good afternoon. I have had a really good work week. My interest in work and my energy for it have been reviving...and without the over-the-top anxiety, it is often downright pleasant. I am very very lucky that my insanity didnt get me fired or make me quit before I could experience this lovely rebound.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:28 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MuleyGraves View Post
Hi, new here too, new to SR in general. Just signed up yesterday, and I'm only on day 2. I guess this is just a "we will not drink this weekend group?" Im in.

I'm in California, and the weather is nice. While I'm not too into the whole super bowl thing, it is hard to avoid the commercials and displays in the stores, trying to lure us to drink and eat a bunch of junk. So it's still a hard weekend. But I have a plan. My kids are super into surfing and skateboarding, and since the waves are / will be nonexistent, we are going to hit up the local skateparks this weekend. There is one park they really like, but it gets super crowded, so we are going to get up super early and crack it, doable since I won't be hung over. On Sunday, we are going to skate some of the parks on the other side of town. Stay busy. Stay active. Occupy the mind with other matters. At night, I'll just do as I did last night (my night one): focus on how I want to be living and think about how I would feel in the morning if I drank.
Hi love....big welcome.
It sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Well, our injured Aussie guest got her stitches out yesterday.

I took her out for a good-bye lunch today. It was sunny and very cold.

As she sat down facing the outside window, she was puzzled: “is that dust in the sky?”

Then she asked me, “Is that snow? Is it snowing?”

Sure enough! The flurries only lasted about five minutes, but that was all she needed! The one thing she wanted to see in America in January was snow actually falling out of the sky, and on her last day she got it!

She flies home tomorrow morning, and her insurance company has booked her into a comfort business class seat. She is psyched !

Considering she got injured as soon as she got here, overall she had a very pleasant visit—but understandably she is very eager to get home.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad your friend got some snow Gilmer

D
Old 02-02-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

How’s everyone doing? It’s early Friday evening here and I’m just getting home from a meeting. There was a wonderful speaker and I connected with some of the ladies to meet at a women’s book meeting on Sunday. I treated myself to some take out on the way home. My little one will arrive home from her practice soon and I’m looking forward to actually being able to sit through a movie with her. She has a big competition tomorrow so I’m grateful I’m clear minded and present!! Thrilled that with all of your help I’m actually wrapping up my third sober Friday. I could not be more glad. Have an awesome evening/morning friends.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:31 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hey Sports Fans ~

'Tis good to read up on what everyone is doing these Days. I hit the 4 Year mark a few Weeks ago, and have been meaning to post here, rather than just read. This Forum Section was my primary means of support in those rough early Days, and I've not forgotten how valuable this Introvert-compatible on-line method of sharing was. As my Post count indicates. I was keen on diversion - any diversion - and writing was it for me.

We're doing some Planning Lite of our next Trailer trip with MesaDog down to DesertDawg Land, and the SoCal Desert where I spent my Wasted Youth. Thanks to Neuroplasticity rendering old Neural Pathways moot, and new interests, my Drinkin' Daze are wonderfully and effortlessly abandoned. You can't lust after that which you no longer want, so picking up that first one is big ole non-issue. Meanwhile, this Retirement stuff is hard work, I tells ya! Two things no longer in my Life are: 1). Booze, and 2). Alarm Clocks.

Below is Sunset tonight off the Patio @ 6,150' here in MesaVille.

Hang in there, Troops. The Sober Life is a precious one worth living! And, yes, it does get easier...

Old 02-02-2018, 10:37 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to the Weekenders thread MuleyGraves!

Morning everyone, what a phenomenal photograph MesaMan, it must be amazing to wake up to that view every day.

I went for my first run alongside the canal for ages this morning - I turned my ankle a few weeks back - it's good to be fully mobile again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180203_063046.jpg (33.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 02-03-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I’m glad you’re “back up to speed,” Sao (pun intended).

Great to see you, MM!

Welcome, Muley!

I’m glad you had a good meeting and are getting together with some ladies on Sunday. Have fun watching the movie with your daughter, and I hope she does well in the competition.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I’m glad you’re “back up to speed,” Sao (pun intended).

Great to see you, MM!

Welcome, Muley!

I’m glad you had a good meeting and are getting together with some ladies on Sunday. Have fun watching the movie with your daughter, and I hope she does well in the competition.
Thanks Gilmer, I hope your friend gets home safely and you enjoy getting back into your routine!
Old 02-03-2018, 06:38 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I had an interesting dream last night. Me and bunch of guys I know were at some tropical location and one of the guys was going to buy us all beer. I made the decision in my dream that I was going to drink. But then the guys dispersed and I was all by myself, waiting for someone to buy me a drink. Odd drinking dream, I would've but then I couldn't.....
Old 02-03-2018, 08:08 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
I had an interesting dream last night. Me and bunch of guys I know were at some tropical location and one of the guys was going to buy us all beer. I made the decision in my dream that I was going to drink. But then the guys dispersed and I was all by myself, waiting for someone to buy me a drink. Odd drinking dream, I would've but then I couldn't.....
'Cause no one wants you to drink.